Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had all 8 injectors replaced on warranty and was suprised to see they changed the crankcase oil also !!!! I wondered if this was standard with the replacement warranty or if my flow rates were so horrible they thought the oil might be contaminated with diesel fuel ????? any thoughts ?? Dan

·
Registered
868 Posts
Given the fact that bad injectors usually result in diesel fuel in the crankcase, I would say that starting out with fresh oil is a good idea.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yes

Yes, oil change is standard, like above, possible fuel in oil, however it's not included in the warranty.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, oil change is standard as well as a fuel filter. They told me they wouldn't warranty the new injectors if they didn't change them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
What if you run syn oil will they install that oil back in or only what they carry in bulk?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
The dealer changed mine and filter free with the 2 that went bad @10,000 miles

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
I would say that they would have to. You would not want to run that oil after you have had injectors go bad, no telling how much fuel is in there at that point.

·
Registered
868 Posts
msheriff;1585885; said:
What if you run syn oil will they install that oil back in or only what they carry in bulk?
If the oil change is not included in the warranty work, I assume they will install whatever they have in stock and you are willing to pay for.

·
Registered
106 Posts
they did a full service on mine free of charge when they changed out my injectors. New oil, filter, lube, fluid check and fill. If I could recommend any dealer, the one I went to would be on the top of my list for willing to warranty problems and take care of the customer.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yeap, they changed mine oil when they did the injectors on mine. Not the antifreeze though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
They did mine for free. One thing to note: Being the anal kind of guy I am, I checked my oil when I picked my rig up and it was already noticably diesely smelling and overfull. The oil was clean so I have no doubt they changed it, but for some reason more fuel leaked into the oil shortly after they did the injector change. I had them change it again (for free) then watched it closely. Just to be safe I changed it again after a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Only the paranoid survive. My oil was changed after injector replacement, but not the filter. I don't remember why I even looked, but if I didn't I'd have driven around for another 5000 with the same filter. I'd stick my head under the truck and make sure, if I were you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts