Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got a chance to crawl under my new truck to check thing out and noticed that sitting level at curb weight, the front suspension is sitting down on the overload bumpers WTF?????. Do I need to crank up the torsion bars? Should I have the dealer check my front suspension? It seems to me that the bumpers should not be already touching at curb weight unloaded. the truck has 4200 miles. I'd hate to see what would happen if I hook up a plow.

Here are pictures of my front lower control arms showing that they are bottomed out on the bumpers at curb weight.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
mine was like that to before the lift

·
Registered
682 Posts
My 05 is like that from day 1.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
They all come crappy like that. If you want to improve the ride and actually allow your suspension to work just crank the t-bars up so it sits approximately 1/4" off of the bump stop. It will still be approximately 1 inch below the hard, full extension stop plate. Usually takes 5-7 turns of the bar adjustment bolts for each side. Measure to make sure it's level side to side when u finish then get it alligned. In the end, your front will then sit approximately 3/4" lower than the rear instead of the 2" or so it does now....enjoy the ride!

To crank the torsion bars just jack up the front of the truck to take the weight off of the front suspension. Use an 18mm wrench to turn each adjustment bolt to raise the front end I'd start with 6 turns each and adjust from there after lowering and measuring.

·
Registered
7,929 Posts
I do not get it,why would the front suspension be maxed out with no load?

·
Registered
682 Posts
I finally got a chance to crawl under my new truck to check thing out and noticed that sitting level at curb weight, the front suspension is sitting down on the overload bumpers WTF?????. Do I need to crank up the torsion bars? Should I have the dealer check my front suspension? It seems to me that the bumpers should not be already touching at curb weight unloaded. the truck has 4200 miles. I'd hate to see what would happen if I hook up a plow.

Here are pictures of my front lower control arms showing that they are bottomed out on the bumpers at curb weight.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I think that this is why when you visit the Western Plow website and try to pick a plow as soon as you put a 6.6 diesel engine in truck data it says no recommended application.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
It's not maxed out. Those "bump stops" are very soft and give alot.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not maxed out. Those "bump stops" are very soft and give alot.
Thanks.

It sure looks weird to have the bump stops already touching at curb weight. I never noticed that before on my old trucks.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
doesn't hurt anything...mine are the same with a lift.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts