Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my parents told me that I have to take the lift off of my truck before I go to college. I do not understand why, but right now, I have not paid over half of it, so it is still theirs. My thought was that I could sell the truck with the lift on because it would be worth more money like this. I just do not want to take the lift off because I know that the truck might never be the same. I'm wondering if taking the lift off is worth the money to pay, or will I be able to get more money out of it with the lift on.
Thanks guys,

Brian

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
problem is that you have to find someone to trade with you for the front pumpkin. When the lifts are done they cut the mounting tab off. I say leave the lift on as it is more trouble than its worth to take it off.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
another option is you can get a bracket from cognito instead of exchanging pumpkins. however alot of cutting and welding is involved on BDS lifts and i would just sell the truck if it were mine.

·
Registered
843 Posts
tell your parents you cannot take the lift off the truck because of all the parts that were cut off when it was installed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I forgot to mention that I do have the parts that were taken off. I am leaning toward selling it, just because of all of the welding that was done like B-Rad said. I'm just worried that when they cut the welds off that they will make a mistake or mess something up, so selling it seems like the best choice. Thanks guys, keep the replies coming.

Brian

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
tell your parents to f off. why do you need to sell it before going to college?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol, I don't think that will go down to well. Then I probably would never see the truck again, or the light of day for that matter. I'll try explaining to them about the problems with taking the lift off, but we'll see. Thanks guys

Brian

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
How old are you? If you're not going till fall get to working and get some more of it paid off so it's yours. Otherwise explain that the diff was cut and that returning it to stock will cost more that it's worth. If it don't fly then do what they say but hopefully they will let ya keep it on.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
i still dont understand why your parents want you to take the lift off before going away.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well actually, I'm going to be 18 tomorrow, but I still don't own it completely. The thing is, I work every Saturday and when I am off of school, with 50-60 hours each week over the summer, just still don't have it paid for. I don't know why they want the lift off, but it is not for me to know. It is their rules, so I have to follow. Thanks guys

Brian

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I don't know why they want the lift off, but it is not for me to know. It is their rules, so I have to follow. Thanks guys

Brian
You're a pretty smart kid. Don't worry about it for now. Get your education, a good job, then you'll be able to get whatever you want.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Sit down with them and show them that the front pumpkin was cut off and you'd have to buy an entire new/used one. They don't need to know about the Cognito bracket. Then show them all the parts that were cut off and explain to them it would be a nightmare to put all back to stock (new tires) and LOT'S of money. Who would be putting this back to stock, you?, a shop? $$$$

If they don't let you keep it like it is after all of this, sell it. After college you will have a good job and make enough money to build up any truck however you want!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup, that's what I'm going to do. I'll try to show them that the best way to solve the problem is to either keep it like it is or sell it. Trying to remove the lift would just add more money to what I have to pay. I do have one question though...I have to buy a new front pumpkin? I never looked in the box of old parts I have, but I would need another? Could someone elaborate on that?

Brian

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yup, that's what I'm going to do. I'll try to show them that the best way to solve the problem is to either keep it like it is or sell it. Trying to remove the lift would just add more money to what I have to pay. I do have one question though...I have to buy a new front pumpkin? I never looked in the box of old parts I have, but I would need another? Could someone elaborate on that?

Brian
buy this, you can use your original diff...

http://norcaltruck.com/shop/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=14&products_id=604

·
Registered
2,157 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
To funny, you beat me to it!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So...to use the old piece all I have to do is buy one of those Cognito pieces then. Alright, thanks a lot for the help everyone. We'll see how it goes down with my parental figures.

Brian

·
Registered
535 Posts
So...to use the old piece all I have to do is buy one of those Cognito pieces then. Alright, thanks a lot for the help everyone. We'll see how it goes down with my parental figures.

Brian
got you good, haha and I am am half asleep.

i am not familiar with the RCD lift, but this will only resolve your diff issue (allow you to use in stock application), not the sub crossmember that is cut out for the lift kit. You may have weld that part in if you still have it. I kept mine for this reason

1 - 20 of 26 Posts