Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It might just be my imagination. I have noticed this over the last couple of years owning my truck. After parking my truck for a couple of hours I crank it up and and head down the road, I have incredible throttle response and perfect tranny shifting. The engine temp is a little over the the 160 mark. As the truck warms up to and past 185 range, I get less throttle response and the tranny shifting is less smooth. Granted it still has great power, but not near what it is right after the truck sits for a couple of hours. It seems like the power degenerates a little the longer I am driving. If I stop, park, and do my business for a couple of hours and get back in, the truck is balls to the walls for a little while and then the power seems to back off some. Also (still could be my imagination) the truck seems to run quieter and smoother at night versus during the day. Is this just a characteristic of a diesel engine or do I have some kind of hidden issue. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
i have noticed that samething also and in my gasser to and i have no idea why it does it but it does it and i wish it would be like that all the time

·
Registered
53 Posts
When that happened on my Audi S4 and turbo IS300 it was because of heatsoaking the intercooler, but since you live in IA and it's winter, I doubt that's the case.

I have not noticed anything like that on my 03 LB7 though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else?

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Inter cooler may be cooler?Denser air charge?

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
I have also noticed these same things on my truck.Since I have installed a pyro gauge I have noticed that the at idle temp will run at 200 degrees,but when the truck has been run enough at highway speeds then idled down the temp will stay at 300 for quite a while.I guess once everything is heat soaked it makes a difference.The Edge EZ eliminated the warmed up doggyness for several weeks last summer.I think the heat got to the Edge,and I removed it in Sept.Barometric pressure probably has some effect as to day-nite quietness.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
if you are gonna race, make sure it is out of the parking lot!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts