Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with the new LBZ? i am getting a bit worried with all these posts about problems and such. how long has it been out by the way?

·
Registered
602 Posts
do these trucks throw codes just because there is an aftermarket exhaust?
Go buy a Dodge, there are a ton of problems with these trucks, there is no need for pansies to own one. :eek:

And to answer your questions which have been gone through time and time before...

1) You are on a PUBLIC FORUM, so anybody who might have a LBZ, that person may also have the internet, that person then thinks damn...Im going to go research my specific problem on the net, they find DP.com, then they post...
These forums are designed for problems, i dont come on and post "well damn today my LLY was running really awesome not overheating, great power. Then bam, more power, im so stoked!" So yes the LBZ is filled with problems and is failing in every truck made. Everything from head gaskets (you know, steel and aluminum heads dont mix) to connecting rod failures bc the DMAX rod is WAY TOO small. Cummins is way better.

2) Yes, aftermarket exhaust will throw codes.

Sorry for being a jackass, but this gets rediculous.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I owned a 04 ford psd that was in the shop 7 to 8 times and left me stranded twice inside of 14,000 miles. bought 3500 chevrolet cc lbz and so far this truck runs better, is quieter, and rides better. ford did have its strong points also, more interior room, better tailgate and latch assembly. and had less feedback thru frame to driver towing same 15,000# camper with both trucks. so far no problems with lbz, no codes or lights, but is stock with no plans to upgrade. pulls camper like it is not even there.

·
Registered
133 Posts
with the new LBZ? i am getting a bit worried with all these posts about problems and such. how long has it been out by the way?
Getting worried? Why? Your post makes no sense Mr. Cummins Powered. What are you worried about?

I have an LBZ, and no worries....with Allison 6 spd tranny :muahaha:

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I didn't come to the DP because my truck had any problems, I came here to learn more about the truck and get ideas on modifications and such.

I would tend to say that with over 29,000 members if eveyone was here for problems with their truck you would NEVER be able to keep pace with all the posts......

The majority are here for info, not problems.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
surfrippa and all you other haters, i guess i forgot to mention that i am currently looking at purchasing one of these so called LBZ's.

i guess once again you have to start a brand/loyalty war. grow up. i am on my 6th Cummins and just dont like the direction Dodge is going with their trucks so i figured i would take a look around at a true crew cab and a much nicer interior and overall layout.

i actually left the part out about me looking to buy one just to see what kinda people are gonna respond.:(

·
Registered
67 Posts
No problems here and the same thing with my previous 2001 LB7! I had a new 2003 motorhome with the Cummins ISB 5.9 and it threw out many fault codes from day one until I got rid of it! BTW, it was stock.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
surfrippa and all you other haters, i guess i forgot to mention that i am currently looking at purchasing one of these so called LBZ's.

i guess once again you have to start a brand/loyalty war. grow up. i am on my 6th Cummins and just dont like the direction Dodge is going with their trucks so i figured i would take a look around at a true crew cab and a much nicer interior and overall layout.

i actually left the part out about me looking to buy one just to see what kinda people are gonna respond.:(
Why don't you GROW UP!!! If you want answers and feedback, then ask the question(s) and you will get answers from knowledegable people on this site. When you start off a post as you did, people are going to react the way they did because there have been lots of posts started with people owning other brands of trucks coming on to start crap!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had an 03 LB7, still have an 04.5 LLY and just got a dually LBZ, all CC's and am convinced that these are the best trucks on the market. I pull a Carriage fifth wheel 18,000 lb and am entirely happy with these trucks.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
7 Cummins powered trucks including an 06.....I LOVE MY LBZ!!! Not one problem, bought it 12/26/05 and as of today 19,643 miles. So yes my truck does work HARD!!! Buy a Duramax and never look back:D .

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I didn't come to the DP because my truck had any problems, I came here to learn more about the truck and get ideas on modifications and such.
I would tend to say that with over 29,000 members if eveyone was here for problems with their truck you would NEVER be able to keep pace with all the posts......
The majority are here for info, not problems.
I agree. I own a LB7, and don't know much about the LBZ yet.
With 30K members, you're going to here a lot of problems you NEVER would have heard of without the internet.
You tend to here more from the 1% of the members with problems, and not as much from the 99% with no problems.
Use this site to learn from those who already know, and with this you should be able to prevent or avoid many problems with preventative maintenance, or modifications.
The internet is also the best place to find out how to modify your rig, and not have to trust a mis-leading salesperson trying to make a buck, by doing or saying anything, and you have no place or no one to verify their claims.

·
Registered
284 Posts
It's just YOU

Yup... It's just You.

Got mine November 19... I now have 3200-Miles on her... I get 15-MPG in the city... I now have the BD-Power Pup... A "Carpet" (Bed-Rug) Liner... Chrome Bed-Rails... My Truck is my "Luxury-Car"... I have "Zero" complaints... And I'm (now) waiting for my "Cool-Duals" from MBRP, not for "Power" but for "Looks"... :exactly:

This forum has been GREAT for getting Information about my new truck... and I feel sorry for the guys with problems but, I think the "Advisers" who give "Useful" information are "Sincere"... So, I suggest you look at "All the Problems" and realize the "No-Problem" guys are not posting because they don't need that "Advice".

:rant: So there... (Take that)

·
Registered
224 Posts
i love when someone says something about a chevy problem-the self defensive answer is always-go buy a dodge-they have alot of problems!!. check out any of the three dodge ram forums (cummins). you'll see alot less problems over there than you think. especially big problems!

·
Registered
22 Posts
do these trucks throw codes just because there is an aftermarket exhaust?
CARB requires to throw codes if exhaust emissions are exceeded.
Codes have to show which component of the system may be faulty.
Therefore throwing codes is the right reaction on aftermarket changed exhaused systems which cause exceeding exhaust gas limits (i.e. EGR plate).

In future it will become nearly impossible to make simple changes without getting codes independently from car brand.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The only problem I've had with my truck (purchased on 12/28/05 and currently at 7100 miles) is a couple of short stints of it blowing black smoke (excessively) which seemed like possible bad or wet fuel...

and dealing with the IMMENSE amount of time wasting stupid questions from Ford and Dodge owners about "how she runs"

Here's the answer....

"She" runs BETTER and MUCH Quieter than your Cummins and/or PSD... Period.

That's why I bought it and So far... no regrets... and YES I have personal experience with all 3, so my decision was educated.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
you will find a lot of problems on here because of the small amount of people out of 29000 people how many have an LBZ not a lot then you get the new people to diesel that are new owners and they freak out and post everytime the truck squeks so what im saying is that out of all the LBZ sold there is only a small sample of people on here that have them. it would be a different thing if gm started to do a recall on the LBZ like ford did with the 03-04 6.0 PSD

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

i love when someone says something about a chevy problem-the self defensive answer is always-go buy a dodge-they have alot of problems!!. check out any of the three dodge ram forums (cummins). you'll see alot less problems over there than you think. especially big problems!
Hey,

The Cummins is not Perfect. If you say it is, then I will call you a liar. And as for the NEW LBZ, how long has it been around? Go ahead and buy a Cummins,, but just remember what it is wrapped in, a DODGE!!

Some people need to relax a little!!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I see the oh sensitive word "Cummins" has been brought up once again. You guys all get your panty's in a wad over that word.

Oh by the way I own a Dodge too.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
'06 LLY (identical to LBZ except programming) here. 15k and no problems. Loaded a BullyDog set to Performance on the 11th. Just dyno'd today putting 350 to the wheels and 680ft/lbs.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts