Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new D/Max about a month ago.
It was built in mid Nov. 03. I bought it off the dealers lot and I am happy with my deal. This may be a dumb question but how do you tell if it is an LLY or LB7? Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to all the good information available here.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
LB7

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Do you know this just from the fact of the build date or is there a way to decode the VIN? I think this truck really hauls and I don't think I would have changed my mind about buying it even if I would have known in advance.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Check the sticker in the glove box. It will have all the RPO Codes. If you see LB7 it's a LB7, if you see LLY it's a LLY. Most likely it is a LB7 as the LLY wasn't supposed to be in until after Jan. 2004

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I just looked in the glove box and she's an LB7. Kinda like kissing your sister but I still love her!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Eighth # of VIN; 1 = LB7 2 = LLY. Enjoy your truck either way.

Dave

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
My truck was built on 12/12/03 and was 200 away from being an LLY. I'm glad I got an LB7, no cat and no EGR. Life is good

She'll be a good truck. I still can't get the grin off of my face.

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
I think you got a cat and an egr...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
manny,

You trying to make him feel bad?

The LB7's for California and some New England States that required the CA emission packages have CAT's and EGR, I don't think Ohio is one of the States that require CA emission packages....

So unless he's got a CA truck, it doesn't have them.

·
Registered
288 Posts
No he has no cat or egr. Mine was built 12/8 lb7 no cat or egr

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
What does egr stand for again?

·
Registered
473 Posts
LBZrcks, EGR stands for Exhaust Gas Recirculation. EGR takes a small abount of exhaust gas and recirculates it back into the intake. It causes your oil to get dirty a lot sooner. And most people feel it will shorten engine life.

Edited by: BIGMoe

·
Registered
233 Posts
My '04 LB7 delivered in Utah has no Cat or EGR. EGR's do reduce the peak combustion temperatures and a small amount of pollutants in the process. Unfortunately, they also reduce the peak power.
When I lived in CA, the EGR valve was the first modification I made on each new vehicle...
I'm not sure if that can be done on LB7 or LLY.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Your LB7 for Utah doesn't have the CAT or EGR, only the LLY engine equipted trucks do.

New Federal guidelines effective on 01-01-04 is what's prompted the change. There are now no State to State differences in diesel emission equipment. That's why you have new engines from F**d, Dodge and GM.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I don't have my truck in my driveway yet but was what the differnece is for the NE1 option code, it says NY,VT emissions. What did this add, and what er the pros/cons of it?

I just bought it, and it's new but its a mid 03 model. Couldn't complain I saved a little over 14K

Edited by: 65Bowtie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts