Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to a buddy of mine tonight that owns a tow truck company. I was telling him about the new LBZ and he brought up that Freightliner is bringing out a new medium duty pickup, kinda like the CXT, with a GVW in the 14,000 lb range. He also mentioned it would be powered by a cummins. Has anybody heard of this?

TIA
Rich.

·
Registered
826 Posts
CXT :ro)
RXT :ro)

MXT -:t

Is that supposed to be their Hummer?

Holy schnikes, that think looks like a turd, and we all know how hard they are to polish.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the CXT looks good but he was telling me Freightliner is coming out with a pickup aswell. Does anybody have any info on it?

Rich.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I think that is their version of pickups.

Maybe if they do a regular P/U it will be a Dodge with a little different look, similar to GMC/Chevrolet.

Both Freightliner & Dodge have those new euro looking vans, Sprinter?

Damiler-Chrysler could make a rebadged Dodge into a freightliner very quickly

I wonder if Ford is considering a F250 based Jaguar?

·
Registered
600 Posts
CXT :ro)
RXT :ro)

MXT -:t

Is that supposed to be their Hummer?

Holy schnikes, that think looks like a turd, and we all know how hard they are to polish.
:exactly: Is that a hummer body sandwiched between an old jeep truck front and rear ends?:confused:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess thats what he was referring to. I wonder if they'll make a 4x4 model. Any idea on the $$$ of that model.

Thanks
Rich.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
It looks like an M2 crew cab with a pickup box. It may be a Monroe conversion.
Most of the M2 I have seen or heard of are using the MBE900, havent heard of anything in this size with a Cummins in it in quite a while.
I think they had a falling out with Cummins in 04 with the new emissions rules.
The last FL60 (2003 model year) we got didnt have the ISB 5.9 as an option, the Mercedes had become the base engine.

Scott

·
Registered
65 Posts
It is an M2 with a pickup box. It's on the same sport chassis they put the M2 haulers with. Retail is over $100k. I was told they will sell about where the same M2 would sell for.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I talked to my buddy agian today and showed him the link. He didn't think that was it. He mentioned the truck will be in the Century class although I didn't know what that meant. He also mentioned hearing a start off price of around $55K. Anybody else got info on this.

Rich.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ok I dont get why would some one buy a truck of that size and have a pick up bed on it? In my eyes it would be use less as a truck

·
Registered
65 Posts
The information I got was from Sportchassis of Ohio. They are the largest M2 dealer in the country. They have five stores across the US. May be wrong but why would they sell this truck for less than the M2? You can't touch an M2 decked out like this for less than 95-100k. I just can't see $55k. If it is I will sell the 4500 and buy one. Take the bed off and spend $9k to put a conversion on it and have an M2 for $65.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just called that dealership to see what the price on that pickup was. $129,995!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He said this one was loaded but they start at $102,000.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
$102K is alot of coin!! Your probably right on this being the one but I hope not.):h I'd like the idea of a truck that size for towing for alot closer to 55K. I guess we'll see.

BTW, he told me that he learned about this at a towing trade show in vegas. The Freightliner salesman that was trying to sell him a new chassis said it should probably be an 07 or 08 model.

Later
Rich.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Isn't that just a Dudge bed on it???

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
That bed on there looks STUPID, atleast the monroe bed is built to match the 4500. Its just like International just throwing on a ford bed, come on guys put some effort in it and make a bed to match the cab!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts