Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking of getting a boost stick for my lly but would like to know more. will i see any mpg difference? power difference? or anything of that sort. i have heard good things but i dont want it to be another one of those things i buy for performance and just have to tell people i have it

·
Registered
71 Posts
Collin, what ya got on your truck now? Fill out you sig man. AND yes, i like my Boost Stick, but i can only say I like it cause it's paired with the Juice Attitude/ Blocked egr, Finger stick. Don't know how id like if it was stock and the Boost stick was i had. Chucker

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
You will see a power difference, especially if you are running Edge. The boost stick is a great addition for a small price.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I never towed or measured mileage while running it and only ran the BS with the Predator V2.02 on kill. Noticeable increase in power, less smoke, and lower EGT's, exactly what it was designed and advertised to do.

Excellent bang for the buck, especially when compared to exhausts and CAI's.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I love mine!:whip:
You'll be pleased, unless you have a CA emissions truck.
If you have one of those just wait until the revision comes out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Awesome addition to the Edge. It pulls harder in L3 with BS than L4 without. Throttle response is improved, and if you can keep your foot out of it, fuel mileage actually goes up a tick.

Only downside with this combo is that you now have two more power levels to go up and really need the tranny upgraded to take advantage of it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a hypertech in there now but thats just because it came with the truck. i pull a trailer with the truck everyday and am thinking about an exhaust also

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I like my boost stick. Really seems to make the truck pull harder. One of the members did back to back dyno runs as well w/ and w/o boost stick, definite increase.
Not sure on MPG, my foot is always on the go pedal hard...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Get one and make sure to the harness extension for easy removal (warranty). You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
IMO.... If your not using some sort of programmer don't bother.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
We've had mixed results with those running the BS on a stock setup, but where it seems to shine is towing.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
We've had mixed results with those running the BS on a stock setup, but where it seems to shine is towing.
JK,

I'm running the Predator V2.02 on an LLY. EGR Blocked and turned off via Predator. Will the BS add any performance on my truck?

·
Registered
262 Posts
It did on mine. It helps clear up black smoke(don't like) but feels like more hp there with it in(do like much more). But like someone else said puts you that much closer to needing more tranny. All together I am seeing better gas mileage too.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My boost stick I think, doesn't get along with my hypertech, mostly because the hypertech doesn't dump enough fuel, I actually get a lack of power at the top end. I am still awaiting my quadzilla tuner. I will try that one on the 135 hp setting. If I don't slip my stock trans, shoot a little propane at it. LOL If she slips, time to give ATS a call. So far my truck has been good with hypertech and pane. No slippyy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so the boost stick doesnt go well w/ the hypertech?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
What exactly does the boost stick do for an LLY? Change blade pitch for more boost via computer? How much more boost over stock if so? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Ups the boost from a stock 22 Lbs to 32 Lbs. Lowers EGT's while towing.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Doesn't seem to agree with it. This is just my findings tho. But then again there programmer was made for a stock truck. From what I recall too hypertech never gave any towing restrictions, so leads me to believe I have out grown it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just purchased an Edge W/attitude for my 2005 LLY, I want to add a boost stick, but I noticed somewhere on here that it wont work with a California truck? Any help would be appreciated, also where to buy a Boost stick from?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
KENNEDY he is in the supporting vendors section make sure to get the extension and you just as well get the EGR BLOCKER KIT (plate and fingers)

works great

Shawn

1 - 20 of 22 Posts