Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Cassette/Single CD (button reads Band and CD/TAPE) radio in my truck and want to be able to connect an iPOD. Do the connectors available work even though my radio doesnt have the CD/AUX button? I assume it does but i wanted to know before i buy anything.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
just go with the old tape inverter thing hahaha that's what i do

·
Registered
273 Posts
ipod

I have the same thing on my 02 single cd with tape player ... you can buy a kit that disconnects the tape deck and you plug this box into to it and the other end into the ipod ... then you use your forward buttons on the deck ...etc

it works prett well ... sound is great ... the only thing I wish it would do change menu items ... but it don't you have to do this manually from the ipod ... but hey that is not the end of he world.

And no I don't remember who it is made buy ... I went to Best Buy and I think they sold it .... I could be wrong ... you may have to go some electronic/car audio shop ....they will know for sure.

·
Diesel Master, Formerly goth2o
5,510 Posts
Too much hassle. Get a 12v transmitter from Radioshack etc. I leave mine velcro'd to the side of the console. Tune your radio to the suggested station (you can choose from at least 8) and it picks up the signal. Monster makes a couple of nice ones for $50-80. I also use it for playing dvd's on my laptop. Plug the transmitter into the earphone plug and listen to the movie in surround sound! If the station gets fuzzy or picks up another frequency, just change it. I've always been able to find a clear one. I've had mine for almost two years. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
273 Posts
goth2o;1566326; said:
Too much hassle. Get a 12v transmitter from Radioshack etc. I leave mine velcro'd to the side of the console. Tune your radio to the suggested station (you can choose from at least 8) and it picks up the signal. Monster makes a couple of nice ones for $50-80. I also use it for playing dvd's on my laptop. Plug the transmitter into the earphone plug and listen to the movie in surround sound! If the station gets fuzzy or picks up another frequency, just change it. I've always been able to find a clear one. I've had mine for almost two years. Hope this helps.
I am glad to hear it works for u ... I have tried several and none of them worked .... well they did but the sound quality just sucked ... you don't notice the difference till you try them head to head with the same song ... my friend and I did and it is like night and day difference.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
yeah I have one of the the monster tranmitters, and while I can usually get a clear signal, it saps so much of the power that it sucks just as bad. I have to have the volume on both my stereo and mp3 player at near max to hear the music clearly. I tried the cassette adapter the other day and my stereo keeps spitting it back out saying tape error(possible because it is not "seeing" any tape actually moving... I don't know)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Best Buy makes a cable that you have to plug into the rear of the radio. I suppose it will work for your year truck also. The guy told me you have to take your head unit out plug the cable into the back and should be good to go. I have not done this yet, but hope to soon.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called JPCustoms, the guy i talked to said all of the cables that connect to the back that they sell will work. What it does is work on the radios XM input. The 02's are probably different but im guessing that all 03 and up radios that arent the base one will work with the rear cables and be able to display the song name etc. So as long as the radio is XM ready it will work, which l believe mine is.

·
Registered
273 Posts
05DMAX;1567408; said:
I called JPCustoms, the guy i talked to said all of the cables that connect to the back that they sell will work. What it does is work on the radios XM input. The 02's are probably different but im guessing that all 03 and up radios that arent the base one will work with the rear cables and be able to display the song name etc. So as long as the radio is XM ready it will work, which l believe mine is.
Hey that would be great ... I know my 02 doesn't have that option ... so maybe the 03 and up do .... hope it works ... you will love it.:)

I know I like my setup and it doesn't have any readouts ont eh deck but it sounds great.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Someone had a post about connecting their Ipod through the factory stereo. He had a cord that plugged in where the xm service did. Only problem was he lost his xm. Might want to do a search. I believe he had directions on it and pics. Not for sure though.

·
Registered
419 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
i usea axxess it plugs itto back of my factory radio and i switch to it by pushing the band button it works great

1 - 16 of 16 Posts