Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought I would let everyone know that the Axxess Ipod adapter can and does cause communication problems with the ecm andother compiuter modules in our trucks. Was causing my theft light to come on and making my door locks unlock and relock while going down the road sometimes the radio sound would go down to this would only last a second or two. I took my truck to the daeler to see why the light kept coming on a the tech II scanner couldn't talk to PCM. Took out adapter and everything was fine. DEaler found a long history of unable to communicate codes from several of the modules.

I have another adapter I am going to try it.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I've had mine in for a couple months and not a problem so far.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Mines been in a while and no problems, maybe you just had a bad Adapter.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have used the P.I.E. with the factory head unit and currently use a PAC with an aftermarket head unit with no problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
While I haven't had those specific issues with the Axxess unit, I'm not as fond of it as I once was. I'm no longer recommending them to people, and I'm looking for something better quality.

USA Spec is looking promising for now...

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
What issues did you have? Does the USAspec allow use of the factory XM?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the USA Spec and have had zero issues with it. Completely plug and play and yes it works with factory XM.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
How does it interface with the factory xm?

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Max, my Axxess unit skips tracks constantly, glitches starting playlists for the first 5 seconds of the first song on each list, and it locks my Ipod up so that I have to pull it out and do the reset routine.

I haven't been impressed...

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
I use the PAC with my laptop and it definitely interferes with the Predator loading. So far nothing else is affected.

·
Registered
32 Posts
the USA Spec hooks up with the harnnes to use the cd changer port. i didn't have to splice or cut anything. i did have to play with the dip switches on the interface unit itself, but that was it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just want to tell everyone that I got the name of the adapter switched the one that was messing up my truck was the Ipod2car adapter not the axxess. The axxess is the one that I am going to try next

1 - 12 of 12 Posts