Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some fun after filling up the truck after work today. I pull out of the station and romp on it a bit, left a little bit of smoke. I check the rear view and a white, silver and orange apparition appears, closing pretty fast.

It was a white GMC full size crew with a nice stainless grill insert. The orange was the roof marker lights. I turn on to my road and whitey follows. We both had to stop for a car turning and he glues to my bumper like a dog on a bone so I knew it was on.

It was the travelling Sharpsburg smokeshow as I walked away from ol' whitey. I could not tell if he had a Duramax in it but he kept up enough to probably be a juiced truck.

He turned off one neighborhood from mine so it seems that Sharspburg may have two diesel trucknuts running around!

That is the first time I ever had the opportunity to smoke anything other than puffed up stangs or lame fartcan ricers.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Last Saturday I was at a highway rest stop and got to talking to the proud owner of a brand spankin new Dodge Ram Hemi Bighorn Edition. Obviously Chrysler marketing had this guy by the nuts because he asked me to race him up a steep hill so that we could both witness the raw power of his famed Hemi. I followed him down the road a short distance to the hill and he waved for me to line up. I didn't even bother to turn my J/A up from my normal level 3. With another wave of his hand we were off from a rolling start. I let him have the jump, then I gave it just enough to catch up and run even with him for a second before I left him sitting there like the ugly girl at a dance. He was probably about 3/4 of a ton lighter than me but he had nowhere near enough torque to accelerate up that hill with me. He was one dense, arrogant and misinformed SOB and I was glad to spoil his day. --SS

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hemi's are fun to eat. Young kid had one at the dyno day, reg cab short bed sport edition. He had a chip, intake, and exhaust on the truck. It sounded good and he was strutting around like cock of the walk with his Hemi.

He puts it up on the rollers and lays down a mean 240 horsepower.
Talk about lame, a 100HP loss WITH a chip, intake and exhaust? So much for the badass 345HP commercials......

All the dieselheads were trying to figure out how many lengths to spot him for a fair race!

·
Registered
360 Posts
BMDMAX said:
Hemi's are fun to eat. Young kid had one at the dyno day, reg cab short bed sport edition. He had a chip, intake, and exhaust on the truck. It sounded good and he was strutting around like cock of the walk with his Hemi.

He puts it up on the rollers and lays down a mean 240 horsepower.
Talk about lame, a 100HP loss WITH a chip, intake and exhaust? So much for the badass 345HP commercials......

All the dieselheads were trying to figure out how many lengths to spot him for a fair race!

Yeah he was a bit let-down. He did make about 270hp and I think if we had spotted maybe 10 truck lengths it would have been close.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
some reason or another he did not hang around long after his pull

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I can't get a Hemi to race, but some idiot in a Sunfire wanted to last night. We were on a 4 lane divided road and just ahead it narrowed down to two lanes with opposing traffic. I heard him punch it, wanting to get ahead of me before he had to merge so I did the same and left him 1/4 mile back in a cloud of smoke.

I had just filled up earlier that day too.

Edited by: mtomac

1 - 9 of 9 Posts