Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
The guys at that site can't see the trees through the forest. We here are just trying to make sure Dmax's stay the best. Not bashing, not jumping ship. Just trying to be a little proactive.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Look at the tone of this site compared to that site.

Those are some unhappy people! ... and I can understand their frustration with the plethora of 6.0L issues

·
Registered
432 Posts
What's a "Rag Burner"? Is that what they call us? LOL ha ha ha

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
2MuchFun said:
Look at the tone of this site compared to that site.

Yep. When I read through that site, all I hear is Charlie Browns teacher in the back of my head. whaa wa, wha wa wa wa wha.

bunch of jibberish
Edited by: Minn-Kota

·
Registered
149 Posts
I like the tone of this site the best so far of all the sites I've been involved in! Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
army said:
I like the tone of this site the best so far of all the sites I've been involved in! Keep up the good work!

You got that right! Great group of people on this sight!!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Absolutely,

The Diesel Place is awesome! I have never been on a forum where the people are so willing to just plain help out no matter how inane the question may be, and believe me I can come up with some doozies! The guys on this forum are awesome! A true information store with genuinely good people. Thanks and keep up the outstanding work!

Dennis

·
Registered
37 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Wickedsprint

Sour Grapes I say.

Most of the other sites are inhabited by those that wish they had a DMAX. Over the years I've had many trucks manufactured by the "others". If you have a poor experience keep your mouth shut an MOVE ON! For the rest of us we our best educated choice and mine is made.

Frankly I think some of these outrageous claims as to poor manufacture are bogus and are made by "plants" at the various forums. Its easy to trash things when you have the anonimity of the Internet. I have not experienced any of the repetitive issues that are raised re DMAX. The value in the Dieselplace is that we have a diversity of opinion and experience that serves us all well. My sense is that we aren't interested in trashing the others but in making ours better. My .02

Richard</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
125 Posts
>"talking to a friend of mine today and in 30,000 miles hes had 6 new alisons put in under warrenty he said it great when he is driving it but going to get rid of it and try to find a 02 03 7.3 he also said it dont tow as well as his 01 ford did"<

I suppose that when you deal with folks like the one above, you have to expect less than meaninful intelligent conversation.

I'll continue to hang out here with you gents.

Chris in NC

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
I had some of the first D/A in our area and we always got comments about someones friend had one and all kinds of trouble this and that.

One special one was the guy w/ the allison in the 00 HD w/ 6 liter gas that kept breaking the bellhousing, dad fixed him w/ a few questions.

Seems like all the losers want to talk big around their friends and it is fun to set them straight.

This is a great forum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was a sponsor over there when I worked for a Ford Dealership. It was a great site for PSD owners, but seems to have been a bit overwhelmed with the number of members. Keep in mind that there are 3 to 4 times as many PSD's out there as Dmax's.....

There are good and bad points to every brand. The rumors many hear about the 6L PSD are similar to what Ford owners heard about the Dmax when it came out.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
martyb,

Very good point!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Thanks! Those posts were hilarious!

The amount of childishness is amazing!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts