Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bio diesel is very cool stuff. Especially if the cost of diesel is high in your area.

Say diesel cost $1.70 per gallon. You can make biodiesel for about $ 0.70/gallon

If you factor the cost to produce it into your cost per mile, it is like getting 2.33 times the mpg.

So if you are getting 15 mpg with diesel, the lower cost of biodiesel, for the same expense is like getting 35 mpg.

Plus, if you don't mind making biodiesel, you money stays in the USA.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Night_Sailor said:
Bio diesel is very cool stuff. Especially if the cost of diesel is high in your area.

Say diesel cost $1.70 per gallon. You can make biodiesel for about $ 0.70/gallon

If you factor the cost to produce it into your cost per mile, it is like getting 2.33 times the mpg.

So if you are getting 15 mpg with diesel, the lower cost of biodiesel, for the same expense is like getting 35 mpg.

Plus, if you don't mind making biodiesel, you money stays in the USA.

Are you brewing your own? If so, what was the cost of the equipment? Last I heard it wasn't cheap.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have five gallons of used peanut oil in the garage I'd like to get rid of...

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
I want to smell like Mickey Dee's or Burger King going down the road

Hey Mac, when you soot some-one they will be hungry now.......

T
NY

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I just did my own test. One tank full of B20. MPG went to 14+ from normal of 18+ in the city. Also, I read that BD can destroy rubber over time. Also, more than 30 cents per gallon more than premium D. I think I will wait for a while and see if any more info comes. . . .

·
Registered
410 Posts
next thing you know, we'll be burning rubbish in the bed of our pickups..kinda like back to the future

·
Registered
11 Posts
Been using B20 as much as possible for last four months. About 20 cents higher that #2 but I believe you get that back and more on your tax return. Milage does improve about 5 %. No negative performance at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts