Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
I don't like the idea of some valve opening and allowing anything to pass on down stream without going through the filter medium, what if it stuck or leaked etc.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
ISurvivedNMU said:
Nice presentation, but does it really work.... Anyone have one?
Yea, somebody hurry up and get one so we can cut it up
and see what makes it tick.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
George.. do you have any thoughts oh wise one?

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
a64pilot said:
I don't like the idea of some valve opening and allowing anything to pass on down stream without going through the filter medium, what if it stuck or leaked etc.

This is scarry

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's interesting to note what happens in our systems when the filter is mounted the other way. What happens is, the central core is actually ALL FUEL, while the outside (dirty side) is where the vapor forms. Folks often note that when they remove a filter in a vacuum system, it isn't clear full. As soon as you break the seal, the levels between the inside and the outside of the media quickly equalizes. Read this in a Racor PDF file somewhere??

Yeh, concur about that valvey thing. Sure don't want anything bypassing the media in my truck, not even vapor.

I just stumbled across the link and thought it was interesting. I'm not even sure what the application is/was. I guess I'll go browse around their site some and see what they are putting filters on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts