1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Depends on price!! I do like the design. What about cost of filters? Anybody else make them? Are they disposable paper or reusable material?

Sorry, didn't have time to read the article.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Wanadmaxsub,

I might be, but not right now. I think it's a great filter set up. Probably the best thing out there. However, too much financial dilema right now. I'll have to wait and see. I want to get gauges before anything else, so they are the front runners of any mods.

Deadeye,

It takes a Donaldson filter that I believe you can order at a NAPA autoparts store. I think the price was $379 or so, BlueOx03 would know, he has the demo version of it.

LA DMAX

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just checkin' to see if there is enough interest to pursue a group buy.

I understand the cash flow thing. My “must have list” took a major hit after walkin’ into Home Depot Sunday. $2K

·
Registered
646 Posts
The filter is due out next week. Check on a group buy price and I'll be in if it's right.

·
Registered
92 Posts
All,

Talked to UMP early last week, and they are working on production units. Checked today, and they said the system is close. Looks great, and their reputation in offroading is outstanding. Discussed a group buy with them last week, and I believe they will accomodate us (dieselplace folks). If you like I will continue to pursue. I promised myself that I wouldn't try this again, but since it is with a manufacturer I'd be willing to keep talking to them.

Regards

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Keep talking. That 379 seems a bit high but I like the looks and more importantly, the performance of the filter.

·
Registered
646 Posts
UMP told me $349 this morning. What kind of pricing for a group buy?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Los Lobos said:
UMP told me $349 this morning. What kind of pricing for a group buy?

My guess is it will depend on the number of buyers. If it got down to $300 I would think a lot of off-roaders would consider it strongly.

·
Registered
812 Posts
At or under $300.00 and I would consider it myself as long as the filters can be had locally.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
If I remember right they were offering the filter at the Tulare CA Farm show last month for $309.00.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Silatman When you call can you ask if it will work on the LLY, thanks man!

If they will work on the LLY, I'm in for one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
From the pics I've seen of the 2 engines I think it would work but just want to double check.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
aketay,

Check on the UMP web site, I believe they say you can order the filters from NAPA.

I couldn't remember the exact price, 379 was a good guess. If it's 300 or under I will think harder about it. Maybe I won't fix my blown top end.

Loslobos, or anyone else talking with Cliff or UMP, keep us posted. I've talked to Cliff before, probably 2 yeras ago, but haven't recently.

LA DMAX

·
Registered
646 Posts
See if UMP would go for a 15-20% discount. $279.20 or 296.65.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Silatman, are you going to take the hot seat for this buy?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Silatman,

Go for it. I'm in for 1 at any price under their advertised price.

Also check you PM.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.