Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Just signed up. I was in Delaware yesterday dropping off my Lightning when I noticed a rather large Chevy dealer. I decided to stop for grins and check out the trucks they had. I immediately noticed a 2006 White CC Dually. It had the older motor with the 6-speed. I sat and talked for a while and they offered me crap money for my Avalanche on trade so I continued home to Connecticut. I just can't get the truck off my mind though! I found the same truck with the LBZ motor pretty local to me and plan on going to the dealer tomorrow. I should be able to get a GM in the driveway certificate so I won't need to haggle over price on the new truck. As long as I get a reasonable offer on my trade I will buy this truck. GM card is offering $2000 so if I am a little upside I will be ok.
Anything I should look for when looking at the truck>??? The would be MY first diesel purchase. I also have been known to modify my vehicles, can the LBZ take it or is it just to early to tell>??? Any info on these trucks would be greatly appreciated. I hope to be a LBZ owner this week. :) Thanks, -Mat-

·
Registered
74 Posts
You may want to wait until after the 31st. New incentives should come out Feb 1. They can't get any worse than they are now. Hopefully some low rate financing.

I'm working with my salesman on a LBZ now. Was told to wait until after the 31st.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I can get a good number on my trade I will make the move now as I don't want to miss out. It stinks that nobody knows what the new incentives might be. What if they take them away completely>??? I am just hoping that since the month is ending they may want to move the vehicle and offer me good money on my trade. -Mat-

·
Registered
627 Posts
With the new pricing that GM just did they actually lowered prices more than they were before. GM is only showing a 500 rebate but in effect the invoice price dropped 1000-1500.

There isn't all that much performance stuff out yet and the transmission is so new that nobody knows whats really going to be the weak points. Lots of talk about the tranny not taking much more power although they are cheap to rebuild from what I have read.. Only 4-5 Grand... (Read Sarcacim)

I'm trading in an 03 Lightning on my LBZ if the thing ever gets built and shows up here!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
355 Posts
mods = warranty void I was told if the exhaust is changed unless it's the corsa exhaust it will void the warranty.

·
Registered
182 Posts
With the amount of HP & Torque this truck (LBZ) has, I see no reason to put a power chip in her. The air intake is the best design GM has ever had, so no need to touch that. An exhaust upgrade should not void warranty, so that is a nice upgrade.

Any LBZ power chip upgrade = Transmission problems!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Lbz + Programmer + Trans Upgrade = Fast

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Mat: I presume you're on the east coast so our price here in ATL for our truck probably won't be accurate for you. However, with nearly every option available, (I can't think of any options we didn't get except the rear sliding window) our truck here listed for $52,659 and the cash no trade sale price is $42,164.10 + tax & tags. Our option list totaled $10,504. Don't ask me where the .10 cents came from in the sale price but that's what's on the purchase order, go figure. We shopped a few other dealers in the ATL area and all were within a grand or so of the same price save one dealer who was just plain "SHxT NUT'S" on their price.

The price we paid is the new MSRP pricing that just started and also includes a $500 cash rebate. We ordered our truck on Dec 2nd but waited until last week to confirm the contract as we were waiting to see how the new incentives played out that began Jan 11th. "The Silver Fox" arrived last week and is still in the ATL CSX railyard awaiting dealer delivery hopefully this week. I'm sure the builders got a chuckle at a 1 ton truck coming down the assembly line with a sun roof and rear DVD entertainment center but I gotta have something to do in the back seat while the Mrs. drives me around right?):h And the dealer was curious why I wanted the dual alternator option. I told him the reason we wanted the dual alternator option is, "because it's available"! Nuff said!!!

Good luck Mat.

Truck on!!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Mat: I presume you're on the east coast so our price here in ATL for our truck probably won't be accurate for you. However, with nearly every option available, (I can't think of any options we didn't get except the rear sliding window) our truck here listed for $52,659 and the cash no trade sale price is $42,164.10 + tax & tags. Our option list totaled $10,504. Don't ask me where the .10 cents came from in the sale price but that's what's on the purchase order, go figure. We shopped a few other dealers in the ATL area and all were within a grand or so of the same price save one dealer who was just plain "SHxT NUT'S" on their price.

The price we paid is the new MSRP pricing that just started and also includes a $500 cash rebate. We ordered our truck on Dec 2nd but waited until last week to confirm the contract as we were waiting to see how the new incentives played out that began Jan 11th. "The Silver Fox" arrived last week and is still in the ATL CSX railyard awaiting dealer delivery hopefully this week. I'm sure the builders got a chuckle at a 1 ton truck coming down the assembly line with a sun roof and rear DVD entertainment center but I gotta have something to do in the back seat while the Mrs. drives me around right?):h And the dealer was curious why I wanted the dual alternator option. I told him the reason we wanted the dual alternator option is, "because it's available"! Nuff said!!!

Good luck Mat.

Truck on!!!
The truck on the dealer lot does not have the sun roof or DVD(my Avalanche has both). I will have a roof installed and DVD's put in the headrests. I agree with getting a FULLY loaded truck as I can see you do as well. I also know the feelinging of waiting for a new truck to arrive. I played the waiting game with my Avalanche. Finally came in on Superbowl Sunday of 04' :)
Another question, how come you can not get painted handles and power folding and painted mirrors>??? I am going to miss these things if I make the switch. One would think you can get the handles painted from the dealer>??? Is this correct>??? -Mat-

·
Registered
339 Posts
Another question, how come you can not get painted handles and power folding and painted mirrors>??? I am going to miss these things if I make the switch. One would think you can get the handles painted from the dealer>??? Is this correct>??? -Mat-

We asked the same question. We're having aftermarket chrome door and tailgate handles installed and chrome body side door molding; the 1 ton DRW 3500 trucks come with no door body side molding. I would have preferred the door and tailgate handles be painted the same color as the truck but I guess GM still figures everybody buy's trucks to haul horse poop with.

Truck on!!!:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts