Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are we all paying?

I've been paying around $700 / 6 Months from USAA.

I just got a quote from Geico for $643 / 6.

Anyone know of any great insurance companies I can check out?

Thanks!

(26 yr old male....1 speeding ticket....V1 can't protect against instant on)

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have my insurance through ALLSTATE. With my HD, S-10, wife's Saturn, 5th wheel camper, and my 12K dump trailer, I pay about $750/half for everything. If you goto ALLSTATE's webpage http://www.allstate.com , you can get a free instant quote. I just kinda guessed at some of your info and came up with $710/half with your one violation. But if they don't know about your violation, I came up with $460/half. I get a multipolicy discount which helps too. I had Grange, but saved big time by moving to ALLSTATE.Edited by: 3-Fan

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
jgriffin187 said:
What are we all paying?

I've been paying around $700 / 6 Months from USAA.

I just got a quote from Geico for $643 / 6.

Anyone know of any great insurance companies I can check out?

Thanks!

(26 yr old male....1 speeding ticket....V1 can't protect against instant on)

I pay $367 from USAA (6 mo). Might be because I have a $1000 deductible.

·
Registered
994 Posts
State Farm - $375 / 6 months with $250k/500k Liability and $500 collision deductible. No tickets, quite a bit older plus multi-policy discounts. Edited by: OC_DMAX

·
Registered
227 Posts
The area you live in, type of vehicle, year of vehicle, number of vehicles, moving violations, multi policy discount (house & vehicles through the same company), age, limits of liability, size of deductable, etc; all effect the rate. It would be hard for us to simply all compare policy amounts without having all the exact variables.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Couldn't agree with you more Lasonem.....I'm just looking more for a "Hey I'm with State Farm and I pay $500/6 month....and they have great service etc".

I've been with USAA for 10 years, but I'm realizing I may not be getting the greatest rate....and I don't particularily mind ditching them.

·
Registered
693 Posts
jgriffin187 said:
Couldn't agree with you more Lasonem.....I'm just looking more for a "Hey I'm with State Farm and I pay $500/6 month....and they have great service etc".

I've been with USAA for 10 years, but I'm realizing I may not be getting the greatest rate....and I don't particularily mind ditching them.

You have to consider the check coming back at the end of the year too. You can have a prospective insurer quote you both and give you average rebate $$$ at the end of the year so you can do a true apples to apples comparison.

I have USAA and was very happy with them until I had to deal with their claims department. That changed my view of them - the thing was, I was not at fault - the person who ran into me also had USAA. I checked Consumer reports and amica has top ratings (along with USAA). I initially started calling around and got a initial quote from amica but never followed up.

All of the insurance companies were really hurting - I heard because they invested their cash in the stock market. Now that the market has bounced back a bit maybe their attitudes will improve...

jeff

·
Registered
285 Posts
I don't own a D max but I have my Monte Carlo insured though Nationwide, they were great for two events in the last year, first was the florida welcoming committee(that's where they do the most damage to your car and locks while taking nothing). Then a girl hit me from the back really hard. She had state farm, they didn't want to pay for anything tried to tell me where to take my car etc. Nationwide said back off our Insured and got everything worked out. It really depends, my friend has Erie and they are good too. You really have to shop around. I am 23 and on my own so it's a tough call who has the best deal. They quoted me good rates for the truck I am looking into and would go with them again. I think it would be 1500 yr for them with a reg cab loaded 4x d max. 500 deductable and 2 mil coverage I think.

Lenny

·
Registered
747 Posts
'04 dmax, '99 s-blazer, '85 k-blazer(liability & comp only on this one), '01 road king classic - approx $1600/yr. I have other vehicles, but they are on the farm policy. A lot of it will also depend on if insurance is required. I could move about 30 miles south(to Tennessee) and would cut my insurance in half. Also, around here, if you are under 30 and single, it is higher.

On edit: My insurance is through Grainge. Edited by: flhrciblueice

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
infinity
los angels county
940 / yr
500 deductable

I heard wawaneasa was very cheap

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have State Farm. They have always been real good at paying claims for me. It all really depends on your agent, if you get a good one or not. I pay 240/month, but that covers the 5th wheel also.

·
Registered
868 Posts
The only advantage to getting old is your insurance rates go down, unless you get too old in which case they may go up again, or maybe not.

In any event, I have GMAC Insurance, where I pay $255 for 6 months with $1000 deductable, and On Star counts as part of the security system. My age??? Old enough to be a member of AARP, but not old enough to collect SS or actually be fully retired. Clean driving record.

·
Registered
570 Posts
1600 yr

2 cars 1 accident on my record......

·
Registered
941 Posts
I pay ~$540 every 6 months for my 03 DMAX through State Farm with $500 deductables. I am 27, no accidents, no tickets since my high school days with the mustang....
I also get multi car, accident free and vehicle safety discounts which bring the amount down considerably.

Bob

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
I'm like OC dmax around $375/6 for the truck and the same for the H2 at State Farm.

I get all the discounts like 4X4man too.

·
Banned
394 Posts
MET LIFE AUTO OWNERS 472 EVER 6 MO......NO TICKET IN 3 YEARS BUT BEFORE THAT WAY TO MANY TO LIST PROB 20 OR SO

1 - 19 of 19 Posts