Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turned on the truck....I have no gauges. The DIC works but all the gauges are "0". Truck is at about 66K now. I know this has been a problem for some. My buddy had this happen some time ago when he was under warranty. My questions are.... What basic things can I check before taking it to the Dealer or shop? Fuses? (If so, where would these related to the instrument cluster be located?) Anything other than fuses? Is there a TSB on it? Given GM's money problems my guess is they won't do anything for me. thanks in advance for any suggestions

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Check the batteries. You probably have one thats worn out, and the cluster has to "see" a certain voltage to "wake up".

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just put in two Duralast Golds 4 months ago. But I will check them anyway, you never know. Thanks

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I think there was something about a reflash for the Instrument Cluster too, maybe in the TSB's.

And you have a 03 seems most of the cluster problems have been 03's

·
Registered
35 Posts
they currently have 2 concerns... 1 is for all gauges inop, which is a reflash and another which needs the cluster sent out for repair. if you want to try the fuses, the ones you need to pull are under the hood. IPC/DIC, SEO B1 are the battery fuses. IGN E and SEO IGN are the keyed power fuses

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
I just put in two Duralast Golds 4 months ago. But I will check them anyway, you never know. Thanks
Oh, ok. Better to check the simplest things first.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its interesting, because the IPC came back on when I started it for the fourth time, then it went out again, and then the next time started up again and has been working for 2 days now. Makes me think that maybe the reflash would do the trick. The reflash is supposed to reset the IPC's operating voltage to a lower value.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts