Diesel Place banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking my new truck up next week (2008 2500HD LTZ) and already ordered new rims and tires for it. I'm going to swap them in my shop. I have never owned a vehicle with TPM before.

Can anyone tell me if and how I can move the sensors from the stock rims to the new ones? Anything else I have to do?

Thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
They are easy, you have to air down the tire and remove it from the rim, the sensors and valve stem are made as whole and should be able to take apart to remove, I have never done this but by looking at them it does not seem that hard, this is my .02 worth, look them up on Ebay and you will see how they are made. My Truck has them.

2007 Silverado 2500 HD LT Ext Cab SB/Black Ext/Ebony Int/ LMM Diesel

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I guess I'll just have to look at it when I get them off.

·
Registered
487 Posts
you're going to have to reset the tpms system also

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You!!!!

I tried searching but missed that somehow.

Josh

·
Banned
4,035 Posts
sooner how is the ride now tht you cranked th t bars ? how far did you crank them all the way or ? thanks truck looks great

·
Registered
53 Posts
For $7 or so for a new factory valve stem, why take a chance? You can screw the sensors to the new valve stems and not wonder if they will have a slow leak from removing them.

Also:
Make sure whoever dismounts your tires knows that they have the sensors. I had one damaged by a new guy at a shop once.

·
Registered
80 Posts
soonboarder you have any pics of your fender trimming or how you did it
I don't really have any pictures of it. I didn't actually trim any metal, only the black inner fender. On the metal, I turned the wheel all the way where it wa out of my way and hit the metal with a 3 pound sledge. It bent right in and out of the way. Then I screwed the inner fender to it and painted it black.

The truck actually now has 18" Black Rockstars and 325/60/18 Toyo Open Country ATs on it. i need to take some pics but haven't had time. With the 325s I had to hit the metal a tiny bit more. Occasionally it will rub when turning in a bind or something but normally it's no big deal.

I don't notice any ride difference at all. I cranked one side all the way and the other most of the way (just made it even ride height). I forget how many miles are on it but it's around 10-12,000 and no problems at all.

On using new stems, yes it's a good idea. But, you don't have to worry about if you have a slow leak, your sensor will tell you! :D hehe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts