Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang I just bought a powered subwoofer to put under my back seat. I have the factory delco tape with cd in cubby hole. Everything works fine but could use a tad more bass. Question is where can I tap one of the rear speaker wires for a signal for the s/w? I tried to remove trim around back fact speakers and no luck. Do the factory speaker wires run under trip plate on floor next to door? If yes which side? I have done a search but cannot find anything. I know I will have to run clean power from under the hood. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
897 Posts
If I recall, the rear speaker wires run on the driver side. If you take that jack box out and lift the edge of the carpet up from the back you will see the wires taped to the floor going under the side trim. At least thats the way it was on my 96. don't remember the colors but do remember they were standard GM speaker wire colors like yellow/blue etc

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
If I recall, the rear speaker wires run on the driver side. If you take that jack box out and lift the edge of the carpet up from the back you will see the wires taped to the floor going under the side trim. At least thats the way it was on my 96. don't remember the colors but do remember they were standard GM speaker wire colors like yellow/blue etc
that was the way it ws on my 98 GMC, so i would have to say they are on the drivers side.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Gang!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts