Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious about how involved and how much money it would cost to install the roof marker lamps after you bought the truck. I bought mine without it, they didn't have it installed, but I really like the look of trucks that have them. Asking the dealer, he said it would be a lot of work to do, but is possible.

Did anyone ever have the roof marker lamps installed afterwards, if so, how much labour time did you get charged, cost of parts and total cost?

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
If you look in the diy section under cab light install it has all the info that you will need to install yourself. I and many other used these on their install.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, I will research this, certainly a better look than having none on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
nelsongmanuel;1562755; said:
do they run when the truck is on ? or do you have to install a switch?
you would just wire them to the parking lights.

·
Gone but not forgotten member
11,313 Posts
Had mine installed when I bought the truck . $412 :rippedhan

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just did mine this week

I just installed my new Pacer's in the shop. Took about 2 hours, had the old truck for a template. Lots of good info and directions on this site, do a search.

Cabella's had them in stock for $69 plus shipping. JC Whitney was same price buth they were on backorder.

Good luck, they make your truck look stand out.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Has anyone ever changed the oem gaskets on the oem lights? If so, what was the part number if you used GM gaskets or what kind? Thanks...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
i was going to have the oems installed at the dealer but wanted 400 or 500 for them, so i passed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts