Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am installing a pair of rear aux lamps on my new '04 2500HD, EC, and using the factory Aux lamp switch that mounts next to the air bag cutoff switch. My question is where to connect the step-dim, backlight, and ground terminals on mbec, as they come from the OEM aux light switch…..or in other words where do terminals "B" , "D" , "E" , (on the switch) connect on the mbec????? This then would make the switch perform as "factory", as respects its internal lighting etc. Thanks for any help you can offer, as I would like to get this up and running soon. Thanks Again,

Sir-Col

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sir-Col,
I got these instructions from someone (wish I could remember who) a year or so ago when I wanted to install aux. lights. I never did though. These instructions seem really good and easy to follow. I have a schematic of the switch and MBEC which shows you where everything is connected. PM me with your emaill address and I will attached it for you.

Good Luck,
Greg

REAR FOG LIGHT INSTALL

Supplies needed for this project:
GM #15722980 Aux Lamps switch
Parts needed from Pioneer Electronics
1 - # 12177195 Connector for switch
2 - # 12064764 Locking tabs for #12177195
6 - #12129373 Terminals for switch
1 - #12193930 Connector for Position C4 on the MBEC
1 - #12193922 Connector for Position C9 on the MBEC
2 - #12129424 Terminals for MBEC connectors
2 standard automotive relays (diagram is marked with the standard relay terminal numbers)
Terminals for the relays
Your rear mounted lights
Some wire
Misc tape & ties, etc.

On my truck, the only factory wire that would need to be cut or tapped into would be the light green wire (backup lamps) on connector C6 on the MBEC. C6 is the 12 way connector that also has some of your overhead wiring on the uplevel trucks.

If you have a plug connected to C4, you can move that

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looks like a great approach. I got the schematics and it looks like just what I want.

Question: where can I get the Pioneer connectors ?

The GM dealer does not carry them and the distributor they buy connectors from does not carry them either.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi,
I did find the original source of these instructions. They are from Jason Pendlum's Z71 page. The link is:
Jason Pendlum Page

I ended up using a slightly simpler approach. Here is a link to what I used:

I have finished and tested the harness and plan to run the last wire this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts