Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When installing your lift pumps and your fuel pick-ups I am assuming you guys are dropping your tanks? Has anyone done either or both install by sliding the bed back? Which route do you think would be easiest for a guy doing the job by himself and without a lift?

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
You don't need to drop the tank for lift pump install but you do for fuel pick up.

You can move the bed out of the way if you prefer. I chose to drop the tank because I have a fifth wheel hitch which would have required moving a lot of rusty bolts.

If no fifth wheel hitch, moving the box would be easier.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I would say for the guy by himself dropping the tank is the way to go. One person trying to move a bed around will most likely end up with some scratches in the bed. Droping the tank isn't all that bad if you run the fuel down to less than 1/4 tank, have a flat work area and a floor jack.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I just finished my Nicktane install. Easy as cake I was going to do the billet pick up install and got kinda scared b/c on no instructions for the LLY!

·
Premium Member
14,360 Posts
I just finished my Nicktane install. Easy as cake I was going to do the billet pick up install and got kinda scared b/c on no instructions for the LLY!
Did you have to drop the tank for the install?

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
For a Nictane you don't need to drop the tank on an LLY.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dropping the tank was actually easier than I expected it to be. Way simpler than removing bed in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
14,360 Posts
Max Power:

Thanks (or should I say "tanks"?). I have a 2006 LBZ - but I don't imagine there would be any difference with the tank. One of my projects this spring will be to install a Nictane system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.