Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got done performing my first oil change / grease job on my 2006 LLY. As a habit after changing my oil I usually check the air filter to see if it is obstructed / needs blown out. I opened the air filter box open and saw two pieces of paper laying next to the air filter :eek:. I am not very concerned about that as they were too big to make it past the filter media. I had to take the filter out to get to the paper. Now I cannot get the filter back in, I see there is a plastic tab sticking out of the bottom of the air box that lets you know when the filter is properly seated. If I put the bottom of the filter in at a angle and push on the top there is not enough clearance and the filter will not go in. If I put the top of the filter in at a angle I would need to use a pry bar to get the bottom of the filter in. Is there something else that I need to remove to get the filter back in ??? I was thinking about putting vasoline on the rubber gasker to help it go in but I am worried about using too much and my engine sucking it in.

Are there any tips for re-installing the OEM air filter ??

Also on a side note I notice the OEM oil filter has eight drainback holes and the Wix that I replaced it with only has six. Is there a reason that the Wix would use less ??

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
320 Posts
if you put any oil based lube on there you are asking for maf codes, if you play with it and just keep wiggiling it side to side while pushing on it, it will work its way back in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts