Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got everything done I can until parts arrive, lots of work, a lil swearin' and lots of beer. Can't wait for the parts to arrive, will be waiting on ups with tools in hand. removing passerger front tire helps. and the air compressor/impact/ratchet is GREAT!
THANKS IDAHOCTD.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have fun and keep us posted.
Will do, I am waiting outside for UPS with a impact in one hand and Corona in the other. I have SEVERAL pictures, but dial up is horrible. It's nice to supervise my uncles and brothers work.:) Just gotta keep them coronas cold. We are supposed to get some really bad weather, but that won't stop us(no garage or carport) We have tarps and a big tent so we are prepared.

My passenger side fog light is broke all to he**, so I took it off and that would be a perfect place for some type of cold air intake to bring in cold air to the filter. The stock airbox is almost perfect for this.

Again I have to thank Nathan and Rob for all thier help. Thanks guys.

Now.................what's my next mod?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
So many new Twin Brothers.....

Wow

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LLY's are comin baby, can't wait. I think I'm more excited about the whistle than the power increase, well maybe not.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
man you guys are lucky...take lots of pics...

now if I could just make up my darn mind over what im gonna do with my turbo situation!

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
LLY's are comin baby, can't wait. I think I'm more excited about the whistle than the power increase, well maybe not.
Tough Call.

Look at it this way. When on the pipe, and wailin' you have both at once!

That's how I want to go, Foot to the floor, clear roads ahead, 403 Cubic Inches of unfettered power, Both Turbos howling to the wind and shrieking their defiance for the whole world to enjoy Boost Gauges pegging the needle, Leaving behind nothing more than a concussive shockwave and the heady aroma of #2 Diesel.

:ro)

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the waiting is killing me, turbo showed up, still waiting on parts. Tracking says it is scheduled for today, looks like I might not get it until Monday.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Awesome!!! Pics??? Im curious how big roughly it is in scale to the stock charger...

Hopefully those extra boxes come today! I know how hard waiting is...I just orderd my BD Supermax and the wait this week is gonna kill me!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
you lucky...... I'm waitin for twins for the lbz's. then we will see.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
turbo showed up, still no package with the parts, will get it Monday I hope. My truck is up on jackstand and dissasembled and ready for install. Good time to clean engine compartment.:)

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
That's how I want to go, Foot to the floor, clear roads ahead, 403 Cubic Inches of unfettered power, Both Turbos howling to the wind and shrieking their defiance for the whole world to enjoy Boost Gauges pegging the needle, Leaving behind nothing more than a concussive shockwave and the heady aroma of #2 Diesel.

:ro)

That allmost gave me a chubby ):h

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
instead of paying Summit $125 plus shipping for a battery relocate kit, I bought a weatherproof battery box at walmart, 15' of wire,splice kits,and wire loom at Lowe's.All for a total of less than $50. I think I'm gonna mount like the pic in ZR1160'S garage,using the old battery mounting plate.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
chased UPS down today and got the rest of the parts. Broke my banjo bolt and the plastic intake where the freeze plugs go, fixed it and Nathan is sending me a new banjo bolt. After all is done, will have taken me and help of brother and uncle a total of 2 days. Battery is already relocated. Hardest part was tapping the oil pan, what a pain. Things sure are a REALLY tight fit, Nathan had to have spent a lot of time getting things just right. A BIG thanks to Nathan. We've been working outside in 26* weather and light rain. I feel like I have pneumonia. Talk about hard core diesel freak? I've got some great pics I will post when I get time, dial up is horrible for uploading pics. Thanks to IdahoRob for his help as well. :ro)

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Way to go Jeromy, it'll all be worth it soon. Can't wait for the kill stories now:ro)
Just driving it for the first time will be an eye opener!

Pack some depends!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finished up yesterday, had a small oil leak on one of the fittings. Fixed it and drove easy for the first 100 miles. WOW...........WOW.......WOW!!! The sound is out of this world, unbelievable. I can't get on it because it is raining and really wet, but I did just a lil bit anyway and the tires just spin away. I can't wait till it is dry. I can tell a HUGE difference in power gain.:ro) :ro) :ro)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Finished up yesterday, had a small oil leak on one of the fittings. Fixed it and drove easy for the first 100 miles. WOW...........WOW.......WOW!!! The sound is out of this world, unbelievable. I can't get on it because it is raining and really wet, but I did just a lil bit anyway and the tires just spin away. I can't wait till it is dry. I can tell a HUGE difference in power gain.:ro) :ro) :ro)
You think the sound is loud when your in the truck! Find somone you trust and have them drive down the street infront of you,:ro) trust my it will make the hairs on you neck stand up:muahaha: , and when your driving you will get some strange looks:cool2:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.