Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Warpspeed Performance 4" exhaust in the mail today. I'm going to install it over the weekend.
Question:
The silencer, what is the difference depending on which direction the louvres are pointed? The directions say to do it with them pointed foward. Will there be a performance loss if they are installed facing aft? No difference? How will it sound if I install it "backwards"?

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
if you are looking to get the loudest you can out of it then face the louvers so that they will not catch any exhaust but if you want it to be a little quieter then install it the way it says you will not get any power gain from either way

·
Registered
226 Posts
The louvers openings should face the rear. The flow of exhaust bumps over them and swirls back into the opening. It's just like a louverd hood or deck lid.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
jerod jardine;1581735; said:
The louvers openings should face the rear. The flow of exhaust bumps over them and swirls back into the opening. It's just like a louverd hood or deck lid.
Just think of liquid flowing through it,which way would it flow faster?That would make sense to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.