Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've just about decided to go ahead and have an EGT installed on my first new used truck, a 2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD duramax/allison. I coked a turbo years ago on a diesel sedan, back when that was more likely than it is today and more serious! As they say, once burned, twice remembered.

I'm aware I'll start an argument akin to brand wars by asking if I NEED an EGT to protect myself from myself, to remind me to let the engine cool down sufficiently after running hard for a couple hours on the interstate, so I won't ask! But I'll entertain comments on the subject anyway!

My real reason for this message is: I'm from Pittsburgh, which is not particularly a "truck place" kind of city, in my naive opinion. But I'm on vacation now in south Texas, which IS truck friendly! And I'll have some free time later this month, near Houston. So I'm curious if someone can recommend a good place near Houston that could install an Isspro EGT for me.

Thx.

Tom

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
We're all friendly down here:welcome: Someone will chime in soon, he!!, if not PM me, we can do it one afternoon.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool! Thx. Now all I need is to figure out where to BUY the gauge, pod, and other "fixins" to make it all work! Any suggestions on this part?

·
Registered
557 Posts
One of the local vendors here could get you what you need by this weekend.

If you are looking to buy local to Houston, it would depend on what part of town you are vacationing in as to what is convenient. I live in the NW part of town, and am familier with Diesel Innovations of off FM 1960, just east of Jones Road. You could give them a try? One of the guys that works there is also a vendor here; DSTRB (Nate) or something like that.

I have actually never bought anything from either of them. Most of my purchases have been from other vendors here, and they have all treated me right (though my wallet always seems to be lighter after dealing with them, LOL!).

Hook up with GMC2500HD; he does have access to a nice shop and tools, and is a very friendly, helpful guy. He may know of some other local venodrs as well.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
you should be able to do t yourself it is really quite easy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts