Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new play toy and it had a pretty nice cd player already installed. Also four speakers that should work in the truck. It's all Eclipse. I have a few questions about the truck and stereo installation. Where is the best place to get an installation mount to fill in the dash and maybe a wiring adapter for the new unit? And what features will be disabled by installing the new unit? (as far as the automatic volume adjustmnet that come on the stock stereo) And finally I know eclipse has a theft protection where the stereo won't come back on after the power is disconnected unless you do something special and I have no extra codes for it. What are my options for that? My truck has the bone stock cd player/radio. No bose or anything like that and I know that this system from the Jeep is considerably better than stock.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Kit and a harness can be picked up at any best buy or circuit city locally for about $25-$30 for both. IIRC there is no vehicle speed sense on any eclipse unit so your SOL there, But you wont miss it and I personnaly hate it:) Some of the eclipse units used a "CD PROGRAM" when you first had it installed, you just need that CD again. If not I know there is a generic Kenwood code for the late 90's early 00's models, Eclipse should have the same. If not you can call a factory rep line and they do a walk through, not sure if its public.

But see if it is actually locked 1st.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The unit is still working in the Jeep. So I guess I was wondering if it would lock up when un installed. But I'm sure I can figure out something as i am probably not the first person to encounter this problem.

·
Registered
825 Posts
To fully integrate this aftermarket stereo with your Non-Bose truck, you need this adapter. Read the description in the link to fully understand its features and why you should use this as your wiring harness when you install the Eclipse.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link Antnee!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Unless you have onstar or dont care about the chime

1 - 6 of 6 Posts