Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would list some pics and details of the installation of subs in my crew cab Dmax. I custom made the box, because all the boxes that I was finding either wouldn't fit (took measurements even though they state its for a chevy crew cab), or they were like $150 bucks and that was with gray carpet, tan carpet is additional $$$. Anyways, I built the box out of 5/8" MDH, screws I had laying around and liquid nails. Bought the carpet from Checkers and some spray adhesive, and decided to make it look a little different with the cloth spacer. (My subs actually wouldn't fit, just barely cause the magnets are huge!!! so instead of making washer like individual spacers I went with this design. I like it:) ). I have a total of about $55 bucks into the whole box. The amp is a 1600 watt 4 channel Soundstorm, 1.5 farad capacitor, wiring kit (purchased everything on ebay for $160 bucks+shipping) , and 2 Planet Audio 10" subs that I had in my closet from my old truck. Wired it to the stock deck with a line output convertor that I bought at local stereo shop for $10 bucks.

The only mods I did was get rid of the flaps that are behind the rear seats when you fold them down, I cut the little flat metal pieces from the back cab that the flaps sit on (sawzall). I relocated the jack handle set to under the seat and cut the stud that held it in place. And lastly I had the cut the side plastic air vents in the cab corners(See pics). Notice I didn't have to cut the trim piece above the box, below the back window, box fits beautiful. All the modifications were very easy and straight forward to do.

The seats still fold all the way down and the box fits snugly behind the seat. I went this route because I read a thread that by using the sub thump box, if someone 200lbs sits on the seat you can feel the box under you. I didn't like that so I decided to keep the fold down feature of the seats and build a box.
The box sound bada** and puts out more than enough bass for my tastes . I don't think I could ask for much more especially with the limited space for any speaker box. Hope this helps...DIESEL PLACE ROCKS!:grd:

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just in case anyone was wondering, thats not gum on the sub, its nail polish. I poked a hole in it about 2 years ago DOH!!!:iamwithst . But nail polish fixed her right up and she's sounded great ever since. late. Jordan:ro)

·
Registered
73 Posts
looks sweet, I really like the looks of the box

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Nice, but if the sub's surround hitting the back of the seat its going to wear out in no time.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I didn't know you could get an LLY in a skateboard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts