Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installation was a breeze, literally. Very straight forward. I absolutely love them. I would have gotten them a lot sooner, but the funds weren't there as I was spending money on other things. These things are quick! By the time you open the door and go to step into the truck, the steps are already out.

For those who want basic steps, that don't like too much info because its just gets confusing, etc., here are some basic steps:

Assemble the motors onto the linkage with the 3 hex/allen head bolts/washers provided. Torque them down to 80 in. lbs. Be sure not to over tighten or else you'll crack it.

If you assemble them fully extended, then make sure to have the doors open when you install the fuse at the very end. If you install the motors fully closed, then have the doors closed when installing the fuse. Just to be safe.

Remember that the passenger side motor will be mounted in the rear.

Use the template provided and drill (2) 1/8" starter holes 1/8" behind the forward most mounting hole closest to the front of the truck. If you look under the truck on the painted portion, you will see holes there as if something was suppose to be mounted there. They are all along the bottom of the body.

You will then do the same except 1/16 front of the rear most sill drain. If you look just above the bottom of the painted body, you'll see the hump, that is the sill drain.

Then since I didn't have a 21/64 bit, I substituted a 5/16 which is almost the same and worked fine. You'll use this bit after you've done all (8) 1/8" holes (4 on each side of the truck).

Then with all those holes you drilled, measure and mark in the center of the pair of holes. With a straight edge, make a mark all the way up to the corner of the underside of the truck. Then you can put the mounts/supports provided lined up with the mark. You can either use a punch, or a thin marker, or even just start the drill to make the mark. Use a 1/8" drill bit there too. Make sure you only go through the first layer because the sheet metal screws provided need the metal for support. Then you'll go back and use a 3/16" bit. Repeat for all 6. No there is not 8 because the 2 rear supports/mounts will only use 1 sheet metal screw due to the cross brace under the truck. Once you get to that point, you'll see what I mean.

Then simply bolt everything together, ensuring everything is level.

Follow the instructions for the wiring. Its pretty straight forward.

Done!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Shall I do the honors???

:nopics:

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll post some pics when the weather clears up. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
What wire did you tap into? the dome light has a delay! where did you get them & how much? thats next on my list.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I put the Amp steps in last week into my 07 Classic Crew Cab. I could take pics too but the truck is covered with snow and ice right now. It was a very simple install and the directions are great. They are about $1250. Front door triggers tie into wiring at window switch in door and rear door triggers tie into harness towards rear of front seats. All wire colors for triggers match the color of factory wiring which they tap into. I soldered my connections...t-taps suck.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The front door panels will have to be removed. The instructions will tell you what wire colors to tap into. Light blue with black stripe for the driver's side at the "T" under the sill panel and green with a black stripe for the passenger side.

In the doors, it will be a gray wire with a black stripe for the driver's side and black with white stripe for the passenger side. This tap will be made to the biggest connector with the fold over latch.

I purchased mine from NorCal and highly recommend them. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll be looking for mine next week.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some pics. I snapped a couple real quick, but didn't get a chance to take some with them down. But you can BARELY see them TUCKED under the truck. I love how you can't tell they're there, but once the door opens, BAM, there they are.

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts