Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed MBRP exahaust and check engine light came on! What's a finger stick & EGR?

Hi,

Well, after about 25 miles, my check engine light came on after putting on my MBRP exhaust system on. I did remove the kitty and put on the front pipe. I've seen the posts about a "finger stick" and EGR plate. It seems that these will solve my problem.

What are these and where can I get them. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, now the check engine light has gone off. I guess I'll wait a few more days and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Thats prolly only because youve cycled the engine enough times to "reset" the computer... Itll be back...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're right. CEL/SES light back on. Bought EGR plate and fingers stick. Should hopefully have it within the week and on by next weekend.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Good to hear you found them. Just as a heads-up, though not "required", long term you'll be better off soldering the connnections when you splice in the finger stick; for what it's worth.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will definitely solder the connections. Should I just peel off a section of the wire's coating and then re-coat with that liquid stuff you get at the hardware store for coating tool handles? Then I was going to get a slightly larger wire cover and cover the whole thing up.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, got my blocker plate in and installed the finger stick. Note to self, do NOT use liquid tape to cover the connections. What a mess!!

Anyway, went up to the local Sunoco and had the codes wiped and everything appears to be great.

Thanks to everyone on this site. Without you guys it would be very difficult to work on these new trucks.

Now I just have to install my new trans cooler and I'll be all set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.