Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Well i spent 4 hours yesterday installing the Kennedy Diesel dual pump kit and billet pickup and bulkhead kit from SoCal Diesel. It was a pretty straight forward install, I really did not have any issues at all. I do have a few questions. In the sending unit i installed the pickup and and the new piece of 5/8th hose that Kennedy Included in the kit. The So Cal instructions said that the hose should be 9.5 inches long, JK sent one that was 10.5 inches long, i cut it down to what the instructions said, is that OK? also with the new 5/8th's fuel line in the tank the sender really does not move up and down anymore, that hose is just to stiff for it to allow movement, is that fine? it is amazing how much bigger the new fuel pickup is than the stock one. OK, few more, the red light is illumintaed on the kennedy harness and i think the pumps are working, i do not have a fuel pressure gauge to verify but i am assuming they are, the pumps do not get warm after 20 or so miles of testing, should they be warm? i am just trying to verify that they are working. any ideas other than buying the KD pressure gauge?

btw, I am very impressed with the pumps, the mounting bracket, the harness, the pickup, and the bulkhead kit. The install went very smooth, having a 4 post lift and a transmission jack made it very easy. Thanks for the great product JK..

Scott

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
The pickup does not need to move in the tank so as long as its on the bottom, your fine. As for the pumps... To verify, open the bleeder screw and push the prime button on the box, if you get fuel, your pumps are ok.

Now you have just found the beauty of those pumps. No Noise, No getting hot... You would never know they are there and I dont want to listen to them things singing under the truck anymore then the next guy.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
i also have your setup, and am pleased with the setup...

the line in the tank does not move like the stock one, but works great, no difference than stock, jk pumps so far kick butt, and if you ever need more, just add a third pump, i pull down to about 4lbs on wot with a big tune, i am thinking of adding another, to keep the cp3 happier

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eric,

I will try that, thanks. I need a fuel pressure gauge....

Fred,

Dumb Question time, what is the cp3? it is the injection pump?

Scott

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

·
Vendor
9,677 Posts
I don't specify a length of hose and provide more than needed. I recommend bluprinting the installed height of the sender to match the tank. I generally measure from tank floor to the top of the tank seal. I then transfer this measurement to the sending unit assy bottom lip to bottom of cup. Add about 1/4" just so you have to push it in under pressure. This keeps it on the floor like the the OE springs do.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think I got it correct, yesterday after the install i only had 3 gallons in it and i didn't have any problems. Do the pumps cause the truck to smoke more or less than stock??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.