Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I installed the H2 take-offs on my 2004 2500HD 4x4.

the rears went on with zero modifications.

I had to trim the bottom plastic of the front bumper on both sides.

I cranked up the torsion bars 35 1/4 turns on both sides. (or about 9-10 full turns) Is that ok?

THAT is ALL I did.

The only thing that bummed me out was:

The LF wheel is back farther in the wheel well than the RF.

On the LF, the tire rubbed on the backside bottom edge of the fender. I did a hard left into my driveway and the tire corrected that problem.
~ The RF had plenty of room on the back/bottom of the fender, but I had to trim alot more of the plastic under the bumper.

SO, That tells me the bumper is NOT mis-alligned, I think the wheels are not in the same spot!
~Ill bring that up with Chevy.

Also, the right torsion bar adjuster bolt is screwed all the way in while the left side has about 4-5 threads left.

Im going to take it to a offroad shop and discuss my setup and may end up putting on a mild lift. But for now its working fine except I think I need an alignment but Ill bring that up with the boys at the offroad shop.

All in all, Im happy with the look alot!! Edited by: 2MuchFun

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, BTW,

The center caps from my OEM wheels went right on the H2 wheels without any modification also

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
The LF tire rubbing is most likely caused by the parkimg brake cable, I tied mine back with a couple zip ties.

You will need an alignment for the tires to wear even after cranking it up.

I might suggest new shocks as well, stockers are less than desireable IMHO and the Rancho RS9000 series are adjustable, I have been told that the Bilstiens are a good choice as well.

Post some pics.

T
NY

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, I can tell shocks need to be on my list in the near future. I guess the weight of these H2s are a bit much for the stock shocks..

Naw, the brake lines were fine. ....but I'll definately inspect for rubbing today, thanks for the tip

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
what are you using for painted center caps (gray) on the H2 rims? Dont want chrome centers on gray rims, and gray caps off steel rims dont fit.!!??

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am using the original chrome caps.

I dont really care for the H2 rim a whole lot, so as far as making it look just right, Im not sweating it right now. These are on here simply for the price. When these tires wear out, I'll do something more to my taste :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you have them cromed you might change your mind. Mine are and I love them. Your center caps need to have the plastic studs on the back trimmed off. If not the plastic lugs want pull down enough and continue to come lose. Are you running 315's? I'm runnning 285's

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya, I agree that Chrome would look better, but:

1. I have had enough trouble in the past with aftermarket chrome on wheels

2. I dont want to worry about the chrome when I go off in the gravel

So far, the center caps are staying put nice and tight, but I see what you mean now. ~I was wondering why people were trimming them..

I'll keep an eye on them :)

Im running the original 315s that came with the rims.

·
Registered
958 Posts
And the #1 reason to go without chrome: chrome plating doesn't (SHOULDN'T) quadruple the value of a forged aluminum alcoa wheel!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts