Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the EGR block plate, and the finger stick but my check engine light comes on saying mass air flow sensor low circuit or something, i think the code was a 0102. Did I wire my finger stick wrong or did a wire come loose? I thought the finger stick was there so the block plate wouldnt throw codes

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Make sure your connections are good and all are correct. Don't use wire taps. Soldering the wires is the best bet to make sure you will always have good contact.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I installed the EGR block plate, and the finger stick but my check engine light comes on saying mass air flow sensor low circuit or something, i think the code was a 0102. Did I wire my finger stick wrong or did a wire come loose? I thought the finger stick was there so the block plate wouldnt throw codes
I did as every one else has done, ordered the Stick & EGR plate together. But unlike some, I have yet to install the Fingers Stick because of no codes or SES light. It was my understanding to use the Stick IF you get a code or SES light. My truck is of the Federal emmisions variety (FE9). If I don't get a code soon, (I've put 9800 miles on with no codes), it will be for sale!

Try running it without the stick first. If you get no codes, you (like myself), may never have to install the stick.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I did as every one else has done, ordered the Stick & EGR plate together. But unlike some, I have yet to install the Fingers Stick because of no codes or SES light. It was my understanding to use the Stick IF you get a code or SES light. My truck is of the Federal emmisions variety (FE9). If I don't get a code soon, (I've put 9800 miles on with no codes), it will be for sale!

Try running it without the stick first. If you get no codes, you (like myself), may never have to install the stick.
I have over 20,000 miles of codeless EGR blocked no Fingerstick operation on my Fed truck.

Thats the point of the Fingerstick......to stop the CEL on emmissions trucks!

·
Registered
843 Posts
TxChris,

On your truck since the EGR is blocked with NO finger stick, do you have the EGR plugged in or UNplugged? Thanks!:)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
The codes are there they are hidden codes that dont throw check engine lights.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Did you have it scan with a tech2?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
My efi live pulls codes that a regular scanner wouldn't show up on.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The codes are there they are hidden codes that dont throw check engine lights.
He's right, unless you have a tech2 or another serious reader, you won't see the codes. My superchips programmer doesn't show codes, niether does my actron code reader.
I have a fed emissions truck, and since installing my blocker plate, there was never a light. But, when I took it in for overheating, the tech read the codes. Also, I am subscribed to the e-mail thing from GM, and it tells me there are code issues.
The fingerstick may be in my future, but I'm not too concerned with these codes..
Ricky...seeya...

·
Registered
100 Posts
check the yellow wire that you had to cut on your harness. Mine did the same thing and the wire was broke inside the jacket about 1/4" from the connection. If you pull on the wire it may come apart.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts