Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how hard is the install ? how long does it take and is there a video ?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
The edge and attitude can be installed in a couple minutes. The pyrometer probe will take 1/2 and hour to an hour. It's definitely a DIY project unless you feel uncomfortable drilling a hole in your exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
just did it yesterday in a little less than two hours, hardest parts where removing the little "rivets" in the fender liner and getting the attitude cable through the firewall. instructions with the product are simple to follow. get a new drill bit and thread tap and you're set

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks , how do you like it ?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Tranny is stock so I'm staying away from level 5 and really haven't pushed level 4. That being said I love the "cool factor" of the Attitude and the protections it offers, I have managed to excede the factory set 1350 EGT setting and the back down kicked in. I really got it for a little extra towing my fifth wheel and have a bit to wait for camping season. Hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
farmdog, I'm not a thrasher and don't tow heavy, but I've LOVED the improved driveability with the Edge for the last 4 years. The improved low end response, the smooth midrange and overall general changes even on level 2 make the Edge worth every penny. I've been running in level 3 and occasionally going down to level 2 when towing my box trailer (about 2-4K). You're gonna love it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
edge

i installed mine today.....love the power.....took like 2-3 hours........spent alot of time looking for a tap ?? ..... edge with attitude.....ats mount......need somthing to hook up to the switches though.....i got mine too for added tq pulling trailer......would like for the engine to lug thru hills instead of downshifting.......hope it does that ........havent towed yet

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
i installed mine today.....love the power.....took like 2-3 hours........spent alot of time looking for a tap ?? ..... edge with attitude.....ats mount......need somthing to hook up to the switches though.....i got mine too for added tq pulling trailer......would like for the engine to lug thru hills instead of downshifting.......hope it does that ........havent towed yet
Yes it does, and you're gonna love the way it tows! Just keep an eye on the EGTs and don't go crazy on the level (I don't tow heavy, but I tow in level 2).

·
Registered
159 Posts
hey I'm wanting to install A/J, I have been told by some T.D.R buddies that Edge has built same huge parameters in the program for safty reasons, in other words it will not show the correct pyro alarms, boost alarms compared to what it actually backs down at, does this make sence, and also the dodge guys seem to like to install their pyro probes post turbo for this reason,this way they can have post with A/J, pre with their analogs and still get closer on their back downs (sorta cheatin the safties)

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I don't have any problem with alarms and backdowns. The Edge will do exactly what you set it to do. There have been some people who really push the vehicle complaining about defuels and backdowns earlier than they've set in the Edge, but it's pretty much been decided that those are ECM/TCM backdowns that you can't defeat just by raising (or "cheating") the Edge settings.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
FWIW, I left the analogue guages hooked up when I installed the 'tude. Partly to compare the reads and also to justify the mounted probe if noted by the service tech when being serviced and the juice combo removed. I note that the reads track each other closely which validates accuracy somewhat. I wouldn't rush out to purchase guages to support a juice combo install but since they were from a previous mod ~ there was greater value to me to leave them there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
edge/attitued

i have been playing with in for the last 2 days.....drives like a sports car now.....what is the low boost fuel adjustment do ??......mine has 120 hp gain.......how is it different from the juice ?.......can it be updated ?.....what does it cost?.....do i have to send it in ?.....send the att in or the edge ?....how do i know what version it is.....i bought if off here used...i love this site

·
Registered
192 Posts
In a nutshell, Low boost is the smoke maker. Just as it says, it controls how much fuel at low boost. Put in on 5, you have more fuel that won't burn..... MORE SMOKE;) .

There is a sticker on the Edge box itself that will tell you the build date and version you have.

I tow a 13K boat on level 1 and it definitlly helped it hold the gears while going uphill. Don't go too crazy, you can't run higher levels when towing. Your EGT's will go thru the roof. Rule of thumb, 1 is for towing anything, 2 is for half the recommended load, and 3 is for 2k or under.

·
Registered
83 Posts
boost stick

hey i was reading posts on here and have questions about the boost stick......
is it compatible with the edge ?
who makes them?
hp/tq gains ?
price ?

i love this site !

·
Registered
383 Posts
FWIW, I left the analogue guages hooked up when I installed the 'tude. Partly to compare the reads and also to justify the mounted probe if noted by the service tech when being serviced and the juice combo removed. I note that the reads track each other closely which validates accuracy somewhat. I wouldn't rush out to purchase guages to support a juice combo install but since they were from a previous mod ~ there was greater value to me to leave them there.
I see you are running Edge and pod gauges. Where did you tap for the second Thermo Couple?
Thanks,
Duane

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
hey i was reading posts on here and have questions about the boost stick......
is it compatible with the edge ?
who makes them?
hp/tq gains ?
price ?

i love this site !
Yes it is compatable. Fingers and Kennedy is who makes them. Kennedy is where you get it. hp gain is around 25. $ is around 100. You will LOVE it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts