Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any reason I cannot replace the heater hose that is the metal one from the thermostat crossover to the heater core. also does anyone know what size heater hose it takes at the heater core, It looks a little bigger to me..

·
Administrator
22,295 Posts
Is there any reason I cannot replace the heater hose that is the metal one from the thermostat crossover to the heater core. also does anyone know what size heater hose it takes at the heater core, It looks a little bigger to me..
Yes, you can replace the coolant crossover line. Install a barbed fitting and you can use heater hose.
Heater hose size: Heater hose size

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you can replace the coolant crossover line. Install a barbed fitting and you can use heater hose.
Heater hose size: Heater hose size
My is leaking at the heater core, so I was wondering if I could run 3/4 hose from the heater to core up to the quick connect, replacing that entire metal line.. I have read that line has to be restricted so it does not blow out the heater core.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The coolant pressure from the pressure cap is far more than the coolant pump dynamic pressure. You won't damage a hood heater core.
thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts