Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a cousin and also a welder that works for me that both have new CTD 06 dually 4x4's with 6 speeds that mpg are way bad. The ? is they have heard that you can get higher hp injectors and get up to 6 mpg more. The welding truck weighs around 11 grand and he only gets 11 mpg.
My cousin gets just over 5 mpg pulling his power washing trailer that weighs around 16 grand and only 13 without a load......no trailer.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I would doubt you would see anywhere close to 6mpg more with any amount of mods. It seems like the CR cummins needs a little break in time before you see any improvements in the mileage department. Maybe they need a reflash?

·
Registered
419 Posts
First thing I would do is get rid of the stock air box and replace it with a high flowing AFE stage 2 with Pro Guard 7 air filter. If its breathing better then it will perform better. MBRP exhaust would be nice too, and both mods would help increase mpg.

Have they always been that low or is this something recent? Is the performance way low too, or just the mpg? Do they have any mods?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Injectors won't pick up that kind of mileage. Best this would be a timing box and air system. Also wait till after about 30,000 miles to see a gain.

Jeremy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts