Diesel Place banner

INJECTOR ISSUES

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since no one can say what the failure rate is,lets take a sample poll from our members.I know its not a perfect poll but it may shed some lite on the situation.Personaly i had one injector fail on an 01 and that's it. Hell it still went the expected distance.Edited by: BROKER

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
How are you gonna vote Broker?

You got more than one Duramax.

·
Banned
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good question grady. I was thinking about the same thing,thats why i posted the 01 failure.I hope i'm the only guy with that problem.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Looking good for the 02 and newer trucks so far!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Those guys who are reporting problems are not home yet, wait until tonight!! LOL

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
At less than 2000 miles, I don't think my no vote on an '04 amounts to much, but threw it in there anyway.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Since I am happily running stock and will until she is in the boneyard, I'd like to know how many of those experiencing failures are stock versus modified (juiced, etc.)?; Also, what additives, if any, were used by those who experienced failures.

I also wonder whether blended winter fuel (lubricity) might factor into the equation - how many from cold climates?

jeffEdited by: dmax lover

·
Registered
747 Posts
srode said:
At less than 2000 miles, I don't think my no vote on an '04 amounts to much, but threw it in there anyway.

Same here srode, but I'm at 4200 miles.

·
Registered
403 Posts
58,000 miles

no secondary filtration

no issues yet Edited by: Blinky

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
For what it's worth. My 2 injectors and return line that were replaced, were with less than 1000 miles on the truck.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Had a interesting conversation with my Service Manager, they have seen a few D/A's for injectors, mostly 01's and 02's but did have a 03. He is now telling them to install a Secondary filter, in fact they have installed a couple Nictane set-ups. Blames the Quality of Diesel out there.

So as far as Warranty issues go, it seems like the dealerships (Good Dealerships) are basically aware that its in their best interest, long term, if they inform their Client base, to install secondary filters. While they may make some $$ on warranty work in the meantime, the negative effect of having a bunch of PO'ed D/A customers is not in their long term best interest,

That's my take on this, also I think given that Bosch has had their system running fine in Europe for years, GM designed the specs for the D/A filter on this data, not forseeing the effects of the poor quality diesel in America, now they are in a tuff spot, unless the Petroleum Industry cleans up the Fuel source (highly unlikely), I think this could turn out to be an issue for all the Bosch High Pressure fuel injections (Diesel). As more miles get put on, I think we will see the full effects of adding a Secondary filter.

As you can see the 01's have a higher percentage of Injector failure, probably due to more miles, I would be curious to see how long the 01's that have secondary fitering go without injector problems, this could be the most telling survey of all

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
NO problemo to date with 22k+ miles on her.

But.....mine was build after the 9/02 date so its spose to be corrected after that.

Edit to correct: should be 9/02 not 9/03
Edited by: HD-Nate

·
Registered
37 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Glad to see these polls.

Percentages (poll statistics) beside the yes and no items dont make any sense to me though. Help me out.

For example taking the 01's you have 44 total respondents as of my post. 10 said they had issues 34 did not. Part over the whole 10/44 = 22.7% have had issues. The others who didnt 34/ 44 = 77.3 % no issues. Perhaps I missed something looks like less than 25 % of 01s have issues based upon respondents so far.

If I got it right same should be applied to all categories on the various polls.

Thanks for the polls... great idea.

Richard</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
HD-Nate said:
NO problemo to date with 22k+ miles on her.

But.....mine was build after the 9/03 date so its spose to be corrected after that.

What I don't get is how you can have an '03 built after 9/03 and I have an '04 built 6/03?

BTW I got mine on 8/23/03 and now have 12500 miles with no problems at all. Great truck!Edited by: maxinDixon

·
Registered
612 Posts
as the numbers in this poll continue to roll in, it might pay to remember that '02's built prior to (I believe) Jan. '02 had '01 injectors ... we purchased our '02 in Oct. of '01 so it may have been better to include our data with the '01's ... have 53,000+ on our truck with zero engine/transmission issues to date, can only hope that continues

Jim

1 - 20 of 55 Posts