Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just traded from a 2001 Chev. ext cab, 3/4 ton, long bed, 2 wheel drive duramax, 56000 miles, to a 2005 GMC Crew Cab, one ton, Long bed, 4 wheel drive 34000 miles. One reason I traded is because of the potential and everlasting injector problem with the 2001. They were replaced at 51,000. I haven't seen any post regarding injector problems with the 05. Did I just miss them? What can I expect from the 05?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
i havent never heard of injector problems with the 05 but i did here alot of people have problems with them overheating thats all i ever heard about

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Out of my 4 LLY trucks I have only had one bad injector, and it was bad when the truck was new. I just did a LLY into a 03 swap to get away from the injector problems we were having.:)

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I have an 05 and had a seal go on one,($20 and a day of work:mad::eek::) and just replaced it but I think the majority if not all the problems past and present with the injectors are the power adders we do to these trucks. There are soo many different variables such as quality of fuel, fuel contaminats, bad filters, commanding larger amounts of fuel, timing changes, yada yada yada.
I would suggest picking an additive and sticking with it, secondary filtration and be anal about it, especially now with ULSD. Just my .02

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had 1 injector go bad about 6 months after purchasing my 05 LLY new. (this was prior to loading the Predator tune) My truck had a stumble at idle when stopped and in gear... took into dealer and they changed out the defective injector in about 1/2 hr. That's what is nice about the LLY's having external injectors.

-AJ

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
i forgot to mention my buddy has an 2005 lly and he keeps going threw rear ends like a change my underwear the first one he had the 120 dilblo tune in it the second i beilve he had the 85 hp dilblo tune and the third one he was bone stock all under warrenty but he is working on his 4th one about time for the lemon law

·
Registered
370 Posts
I had one go bad due to a bad batch of fuel at around 30k. Right after that I put my secondary filtration setup on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts