Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the dealer. What a round....First, he tells me that the number 5 injector is sticking wide open and causing all the problems. Next he recommends doing an injector flush before ruling a bad injector. Next he tries to give me the price. I stop him and say if the injector is causing problems, then it should be covered under the 5/100k warranty. He says no. He said the injectors are a regular maintainence item and are not part of the engine rotating assembly, which is covered. I said where does it say an injector flush is under regularly scheduled maintainence? He says in the owner's manual. I said, "Show me!" We go to my truck and can't find it in there anywhere (surprise, surprise)!

So I finally get him to call GM Tech Support and after 20 minutes on the phone, they tell him to fix it under warranty. I first asked the service manager 2 days ago if they have had any injector problems and he says, "No." "None." The manager checks with the parts dept. to order an injector, and low and behold, they are on "national backorder!" (Now I think he believes there are injector problems!)

Anyone know of a good Duramax service dealer in the KY/TN area?

Justin

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Tell the tech, while he's at it, to change the plugs and adjust the carburator.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
GM or this site is flaring my manic tendancys. If these things are on back order then that means either Bosch is on the road somewhere in between USA. and Brazil. and they don't have there gear plugged in or there are so many bad injectors it caught the supply line off gaurd? Maybe a third choice could be the they are using up all of the old ones before they start releasing the new improved 300K failproof injector.

·
Registered
692 Posts
no thernot on back order i just ordered one today. it is a ship direct item unless a dealer local has one... ship direct means it is shipped rigt from gm to the dealer no warehouse involved...

·
Registered
11 Posts
There was a back order problem a few months ago, But no problems latley. Our small dealer has 10 in stock, Last time I checked. I would find another dealer to deal with, These guys sound like the type who give dealers a bad name
, sorry to hear about the run-around they gave you.

Robert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts