Diesel Place banner

Have you had injector issues?

• No secondary filter / Injector Issues.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Secondary filter / No injector issue.

• Secondary filter / Injector Issue

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might as well get it all out. I'm waiting on the definitive word from my dealer before casting my vote.Edited by: Campfire_Rick

·
Banned
1,492 Posts
Rick i voted my 01.The rest of the trucks have filters and no injector issues.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Broker:

That's a lot of votes pro-filter.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

Rick

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just voted no 2ndary filter and no injector problems.
Y'd have ta be darnright innumerate to b'leeve that this actually moved that category from 53.33% to 56.25% and that there is statistical significance to that.
So far the votes don't say a damned thing about the value of having a 2ndary filter, other than that people who come into this forum have a proclivity to add such accessories - and perhaps that people who don't come to this forum don't have problems anyway. In other words this is such a VERY selected population that the results can not be valid.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
It averages all votes. Add all results together and you get 100%. Forget that part. Just go by number of instances.

·
Registered
125 Posts
ArrBee said:
Y'd have ta be darnright innumerate to b'leeve that this actually moved that category from 53.33% to 56.25% and that there is statistical significance to that.
So far the votes don't say a damned thing about the value of having a 2ndary filter, other than that people who come into this forum have a proclivity to add such accessories - and perhaps that people who don't come to this forum don't have problems anyway. In other words this is such a VERY selected population that the results can not be valid.

Why dont you give this poll a little more time, it was only up for 45 minutes when you posted your message. Sure this may not be a statistically accurate poll, but it does give some idea of how widespread this problem could be, or perhaps someone should commission CNN/Gallup.

·
Registered
183 Posts
ArrBee said:

Lets see
If you don't like it don't use or quote it

·
Registered
909 Posts
If nothing else, once everyone votes it will be damned interesting. There'll be a larger sample from the power mod group, which I bet would be smaller than a CNN/Gallup poll.

Remember you can't do this on some of those non-content Dmax sites.

·
Banned
1,492 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
432 Posts
CNN/gallup is real busy right now trying to swing votes to elect their candidate of choice LOL Don''t think they can get around to a filter poll until OH how about late November! LOL ha ha ha

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Secondary filter at 34 ish K ....

Had a injector stick once and my balance rates are on the high side ....

But I'm not worried ....

Mac

·
Registered
747 Posts
No secondary filter or injector issues, but my truck only has 4200 miles on it. Nicktane kit was delivered by the brown truck today!

·
Registered
35 Posts
My vote does not count as I am in Florida. I think the chad was dangling or somthing

·
Registered
263 Posts
This will be very interesting, no problem's/no secondary filter on my end.

·
Registered
86 Posts
No secondary filter on my 2002, I have 52,000 miles on it, I change it reguarly. Keeping fingers crossed. Drive On Men!

·
Registered
118 Posts
For those that vote "Secondary filter / Injector Issue", could you give details on when (miles) you installed the secondary filter and when you had the injector problems. Any other details would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marco

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
2003 with 26,000 miles, no injector issues but this board is making me feel guilty about not having a secondary filter.

I'm in California so matter how this vote turns out we'll just have a recall!

·
Registered
432 Posts
RECALL.....Good one! LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2003 GMC 2500 and just had 2 injectors replaced at 15,000miles. The shop recommended that i instal a secondary filter which i did and has done nothing but cause me problems so far. It keeps getting air into the system and won't start unless I prime it. Its a racor system ( I think). Has anybody else had these similar problems? Bought a diesel for its reliability and fuel mileage instead the truck has been in the shop for more than 25% of the four months that I have had it. Crank sensors, coolant leaks, and numerous electrical problems not to mention that when it is -30F these engines put out absolutly no heat for more than a hour of driving. I drive my truck over the roughest of roads and coldest of days and it hasn't held up very well. More sqeeks and rattles than you can imagine. Electrical problems come and go all the time. I was driving a Tundra before but needed more towing power for my TT. Got accustomed to the excellent fit and finish. Is it asking too much for a company that has been producing trucks for the last century to be able to fix the little things. GM has put over 5k into the truck already for warranty work - would this money not have been better spent on quality manufacturing than warranty work. 10% of the initial price has been used in warranty work and I only have half of the warranty mileage used up. Oh by the way when your truck comes with skid plates should it not come with one that covers up a very expensive transmission. In cold weather conditions be aware that you transmission linkage can freeze up and you can wreck the cable if you push up or down on the shifter. Are these not work trucks or were they made for only wonderfully warm and dry conditions and not the oil patch. Am I the only one who thinks this way about $50k trucks or what? Enough bitching for now. On the plus side these trucks start great in cold weather - have tons of power with the hypertech - and transmission works great.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I must admit, this poll does help reduce my ANXIETY about injector issues. With all the posts about injector issues, I was getting very paranoid. This is not to say that this is not a serious problem that needs to be addressed by GM. However, the numbers are not near as high as I though they would be. Maybe I still have some hope....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts