Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at the Auburn DMV today, noticed a rather loud discussion at the counter. A fella was commenting his truck wouldn't start. After my missus finished her business, we went outside and seen this nice white CC SB on a tilt bed. Told my wife, hope its not a DuraMax. Went around the side and thot for a moment it might be Nicks ~ then noticed the painted wheel flares ~ and yes it was a DuraMax. Spoke w/the owner ~ said it was an 02, only 20Kmiles and apparently, based on his experience as working at a truck terminal (mechanic?) opinioned it most likely the injectors. He didn't get the GM letter on the injector issue. Until then, I could honestly say I knew of no one first hand w/injector issues. Anyway introduce this site to him and asked if he would keep us informed of prognosis ~ hope he does.

Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.
~ Smartfix
Edited by: ShumDit

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I'm on borrowed time myself I'm afraid.It's bugging me I have to bring it in but I'm going to have to.

#8 injector is pounding at idle very loudly more consistent and not as sporadic.Tech II says 8 is out 8.xx and 1 is in the 5.xx.

Going to start calling dealer and check how up to date they are.

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Rance - my buddy's truck is at Daugherty now, but they won't agree with me that its the injectors.. #8 is at about -8ish, smokes at idle when warm.. they originally told me it was fine until i asked them to put in writing why #8 was out of spec and that it was supposed to smoke

i hope they do something soon!

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
at least you've got all winter to get them fixed while that black dooley sits and collects bird droppings!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nick ~ do they have a DuraMax mech? Crossroad GMC in Auburn has a couple of factory Master Mechs that seem to know their stuff ~

·
Registered
186 Posts
There is a light at the end of the tunnel, however. My 01 Duramax with 99k miles was in the shop for a month waiting on new injectors. GM foot the bill for the whole procedure, but did not reimburse me for my temporary transporation costs. But aside from that, I got my truck back and it is running better than ever!! More power and better mileage. It is a pain to get it done, but you have a better truck when it is finished. I am still after GM to reimburse me for my expenses. But is could be worse.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Any chance of pre ordering a set of injectors? Get your name on the list now, before something hits the fan.

Get dealership to check flow rates?

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Max Owner said:
Any chance of pre ordering a set of injectors? Get your name on the list now, before something hits the fan.

Get dealership to check flow rates?
not likely to get them to do that for you. As hard as they are to get, the guy who isnt broke has no pull at all

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
If you know they are on the way out......

I'm not looking forward to when mine go.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
What about after market injectors? Would GM install them? Or say "Warranty Void"

Are the aftermarket ones any good? Same problems?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts