Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so what is it? i have heard all sorts of things. is our warrenty still 100,000 miles or did it go up to 120,000 or i have heard higher. what is it?

Also are the new injectors fixed right? will these last now?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any idea or what?

·
Registered
57 Posts
My truck has 102K on it. Injectors are noisey, but it runs good. I spoke to GM about the noise B4 my warranty was up, but they wouldn't do anything without a DTC set, or Perf issue. The general is rock solid on non-warranty repair. As to your question, I would also like to know the answer. The real bummer is not knowing if you buck up to replace the injectors, will it be "fixed". Kevin

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
come on no one knows?

·
Registered
2020 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Z71
644 Posts
Do a search.

There has been almost as much discussion on this issue as there has been about secondary filtration. It is not that no one knows, it is that no one want's to rehash forty pages of threads for you.

Kevin

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
2K2AD said:
Do a search.

There has been almost as much discussion on this issue as there has been about secondary filtration. It is not that no one knows, it is that no one want's to rehash forty pages of threads for you.

Kevin
ditto

·
Registered
704 Posts
There has been alot of discussion, but nothing was ever confirmed except the original 100,000 mile warranty, and no magical new injector claiming to last as long as the rest of the motor.

·
Registered
704 Posts
One interesting fact that did come up though was that injector prices have begun to fall, and are expected to continue.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amric said:
There has been alot of discussion, but nothing was ever confirmed except the original 100,000 mile warranty, and no magical new injector claiming to last as long as the rest of the motor.

Thnak you. this is the point of the post. i have not seen any facts. there have been so many differen't numbers i have no idea whats the real deal.

So what is it. what is our injector warrenty.

·
Registered
57 Posts
According to my local dealer and GM customer service: 5yr/100K Firm / non-negotionable. Doesn't matter that all 8 injectors were not replaced per the TSB. TSB's are "suggested" not mandatory, or that I had an on going complaint b4 the warranty period expired. As much as I'm dis-appointed with the injector issue, my small company needs a second DSL and it will be a LLY DMax. Kevin...

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Injector warranty is still 100k.

Prices have not moved, at least not yet. If you buy injectors using the old part number, they are the same $$

If you buy them with the new part no (pkg of 4) they are a bit less, but lots more since your buying 4 at a time... if that makes sense

Are new ones any better?? Hard to say, I just finished installing 4 new ones at home this weekend on a truck out of warr. I replaced all 8 of them when it was under warranty.....35k ago

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Out of curiosity Erik, I am sure everyone would like to know what that might cost? Especially some of the 01 guys that are nearly out of warranty.. I assume you won't mind saying as it's just more advertising for you anyway.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Cost will vary on diag time spent. I had a great deal of diag time in this one to make sure that I only replaced what I had to. No 'throwing parts' on these. It will also depend on what you can get injectors for. I dont know how much longer the old part no will be around and you cant get them anymore...except whats already in the supply chain. They may become gold and sell for near list or they may be useless and be able to have for below cost...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts