Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember there was always talk that GM was going to extend the injector warranty on 03's like they did the 01's and 02's. did that ever happen, I'm asking because I'm about to hit 100,000 miles and wonder if I should purchase an extended warranty or not. The only reason I'd buy an extended warranty would be in case my injectors went south, so it they have extended the injectors to 200,000 miles I wont even worry about getting one.
Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
i would be interested to find out as well. i have an '03 with 63,000 and i am just dreading the day those little friends decide to take vacation on me.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thats right read that post... Still looks like GM will stand behind the injectors. You may have to help them see the light :cussing: I wouldn't lose any sleep over it though.

PS Install a Aux fuel filter setup if you are worried about your injectors. Clean fuel = Happy injectors imho. I know you can read 20 different views on the filter subject, But it only makes sense that cleaner fuel only helps your system. Besides the $8.00 filter is cheaper to change thanthe $30.00 GM filter... Just my .02.....

·
Registered
434 Posts
I've got a letter from GM stating that they will extend the warrenty of the injectors on my '02 for 10 yrs or 200,000 miles. I'm not sure what the deal is with each year model but that's what I received from GM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys,

It does not matter if GM takes care of the injectors, they will not cover the damage to the motor caused by the injectors.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts

Sorry, but that was miss read orginally, if reading through the whole post I think it gets to the fact that it was. Just dont want anyone reading the first post and thinking they are covered, if the rest of the tsb was there, you would see that it still only covers the 01-02's.

Sorry, but at this time there is no special policy on the 03/04 LB7 trucks that extends the warranty to the 7 year 200k miles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts