Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the injectors replaced on my '01 with 82k miles and I have a few questions as this is all new to me.

On the work order is states: 8 INJKT REM 3.3000..........does this mean the injectors are remanufactured???? It says they are covered under lifetime warranty for the part but I'd still rather have new then remans.

Also, it says quantity 2 for coolant....does that mean they replaced the coolant with 2 gallons of new? The truck is 5 years old and time to change the Dexcool but did they just do it when they replaced the injectors.

What brought me into the dealer was my SES light went on for injector misfire and it states on the work order that #6 and #8 were out of specs....does that mean diesel could have leaked into the engine oil? Should I change it or do they change the oil when they replace the injectors? I don't see on the work order that the oil was changed.

They also repalced the fuel pressure regulator when doing the work.
<!-- / message -->

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
you can only buy reman injectors and yes they put in 2 gallons of coolant (most of it is drained when ijectors are done.) also they should have done an oil and filter change. and i am pretty sure they should have done fuel filter too. I know we do.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike,

I just called the servicing dealer and he said yes they are Remanu injectors, should they have used new? Also, they did not do an oil change at the time, should I do that just incase their as fuel leak?

·
Registered
6 Posts
What would cause injectors to fail. I would assume in is bad fuel. Is it worth using injector cleaner? If so how often?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Thanks Mike,

I just called the servicing dealer and he said yes they are Remanu injectors, should they have used new? Also, they did not do an oil change at the time, should I do that just incase their as fuel leak?
all gm will send us is reman so dont sweat that and yes I would change oil and filter. They didnt change your fuel filter???

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
What would cause injectors to fail. I would assume in is bad fuel. Is it worth using injector cleaner? If so how often?

Thanks in advance.
the only thing I will say is change your fuel filter every 10 to 15k miles its the cheapest insurance. seems to me the failures i have seen is rust clogging them up or making them stick open. theres no cleaners that can remove that.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, they changed the fuel filter.

Any recomendation on brand of oil?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts