Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dmaxalliTech,

Just curious if injectors would normally be covered with the 100,000 engine warranty?

Also, I noticed today that Fram has an aftermarket filter for my 2002, does this meet or exceed the OEM filter performance?

PS - Thanks for all the info you (and many others) provide on this board. This is my first diesel, and with the aid of many of the posts on this board I have learned a great deal about this engine.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Yes, the injectors are covered under the 100k warr. 100.00 deductable after the 3/36 is out though. I sell the Fram filters and have over 150 of them out and have not heard of any trouble with them. THey are made by Racor and meet all specs.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Rookiew/Dmax said:
Also, I noticed today that Fram has an aftermarket filter for my 2002, does this meet or exceed the OEM filter performance?

All the fuel filters no matter what the brand are currently the same.

Oil filters are a different story. I avoid the Fram. See bad reports on the Fram oil filters. The other thing that always makes me nervous about them is the pricing. They sell for 3 or 4 dollars vs 8-10 and up for other brands. Are they that much more efficent in operating their company?? I think not. I think the filters aren't made as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts