Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, have a quick question. My truck is at the stealer gettin the injectors replaced. They called and said it was done and said it would cost me 85 dollars because of the time to diagnose it. Is this true or should it be completely free?

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
What year truck? Please fill out a sig so we know what advice to give.

Anyway, if it's under the 3/36000 it's free. If it falls under the 5/100000 you'll pay the $100 deductible I believe.

Nick

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Nope...as far as i know you should not have to pay anything...if they had to diagnose the problem and their diagnosis yeilded bad injectors why should you have to pay...and as far as the deductable...a lot of dealers will try to get it from you..but as far as i know...and i am sure someone will back me up here...injectors are covered under the emmisions warranty....and there is no deductable for that....i'd tell your dealer to go pound salt...if that doesn't work ask for the phone number of the area gm rep...that will usually do the trick

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Your truck is covered under the 200k mile warranty on the injectors...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They trying to get any penny from me they can. When they called to tell me "yeah, its your injectors", the guy tried to tell me "oh, and my mechanic is recommending we replace your thermostat and glowplugs." I told him no you are full of **** with thermostats and glow plugs they are either good and working or bad and not working, and mine are fine. He said well it only cost you $475 for us to replace them. I told him fix the injectors and get my truck back to me.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
2003 w/ 159k replaced free of charge. its part of the TSB. no charge to customer

·
Registered
253 Posts
Let us know how it goes and if they are still wanting you to pay.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
That is why they are the STEALERS. I just had mine done and while every thing is apart down there it is much more accesable to replace the plugs and by chance 1 were to break even easier to extract. They should have just charge for 1.0 hr and parts(STEALER). My mechanic charged me 35 and i had already bought the parts. Good-Luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts