Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching and found that people have either used the Snap-On socket or used a 30 mm deep socket (I assume 12 point)....

I have also read mention of a 30 mm 'injector socket'...

Any idea on where to purchase an injector socket? Can I get away with just the 30 mm?....I seem to recall running into problem with the 30 mm last time I changed injectors on a 6.5 a few years ago....

TIA

·
Banned
9,366 Posts
Didya buy your injectors, yet? If not, call Bill Heath. He'll sell you an injector socket with your injectors, then when you finish installing, return it and he'll refund the price of the socket.

Basically, lending it to you with a small shipping charge.

Not sure if other vendors will do this, but it's worth an ask.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Chris,

I'll lend you mine if you want, unless you want to add one to your tool box.

I bought the OTC socket from delco diesel when I bought my injectors and glow plugs.

Dave

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Using a regular 30mm socket can damage the return lines on the sides of the injector body. An "injector socket" is simply clearanced inside the socket to allow a bit of room for the return nipples. A cheap socket and ten miniutes on a lathe will give you a cheap and functional injector socket. The Mac and Snap On sockets generally have a hex on the top of the socket like a spark plug socket would have to help with work in tighter places where a ratchet head will not get the job done.

·
Registered
969 Posts
do i gotta ship one to ya?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies...

Thanks for the offer Dave - I appreciate that...

I will borrow one from Spencer since he is closer to me (and I owe him lunch when he comes to pick it up)....

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Chris,

No problem. If anything changes just let me know. Canada Post should be able to get it to you within a couple of days.

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts