Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in here ever rebuilt their injectors themselves? If so, how were the results? Where did you get your rebuild kit from? Is it worth it? I’m positive in my abilities, I just know nothing in the subject matter.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well after serious consideration, a long talk with a Diesel friend, and (I think) a pretty good amount of searching around, I wont be rebuilding them myself. Not that I’m not capable. Just the depth of work still to do beyond rebuilding them. Such as sending the injectors off and flow testing and recalibrating them, plus the cost that goes along with that. And even then, they aren’t guaranteed. Or at least warrantied. So for that, I’ll be purchasing injectors and new metal lines that connect them to the fuel rails as well as the braided fuel lines that feed all of the injectors. I know new parts aren’t guaranteed either, but they will be warrantied at least.

·
Registered
917 Posts
what are you planning on paying for new injectors and lines ?

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rdminter
That I am not sure of. My first thought was factory GM injectors. I talked to my parts guy and he said my coat is something like 3200. They are remans. Then I thought about Kennedy Diesel, which is who I’ve bought my twin pump fuel system from, which they are 5000 but have a 1200 core. But I would just send them my injectors so I wouldn’t have to pay the core charge. I’ve also talked with the company I ordered my exhaust from, Black Cloud Diesel, and he also has some for about 3200. Now I’m finding out about a place called Lincoln Diesel Specialties. I’m waiting to talk to them on Monday.

However, I’ve been told that Bosche and GM don’t like each other so the reman injectors from GM aren’t rebuilt by Bosche or any affiliates. Not sure if that truly matters or not.

And as for the metal lines, I haven’t spoken to anyone on a price for those yet. If I can free them up off of the injectors, I’m going to try and soak them in some evaporust and an ultrasonic. At least to try it out and clean them up myself. I’ve heard those lines are about 5-600 bucks.

Now if you know of something I don’t for our trucks, I’m always all ears.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I talked to Lincoln Diesel Specialties(Brent). That’s who I’m going to end up using. All OE, no aftermarket anything, and new Bosche injectors because they said the remans were on backorder at the moment, and new were only 200 or 300 more. Out the door shipped to me is 3800 for injectors, hold down brackets, bracket shims, high pressure lines, return lines, hold down bolts, and all seals needed.

ssbrewskyaz, thank you for the info. And help. I looked at there sight. I haven’t heard to many things about that company, and that’s not bad. But Lincoln Diesel came highly recommend by a few other Kodiak owners I talk to. They are a little bit more than that company, but I liked they had really good prices on OE parts compared to my GM discount I get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts