Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to follow post re: injectors and see that GM Made a change in them some time 03 ?? How can I tell in my truck has the ones that have caused problem or if it was after the Change?? I do know mine is a LB7?? Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Injector changes were made about half-way through the 02 season on LB7. LLY's have modified injectors and fuel lines for easier maintenance.

Any of them can cause problems due to manufacturing flaws or dirty fuel. Extra filtering helps but no guarantee. The changes made in 02 supposedly used harder tip material (I think, Eric?).Edited by: Ragtop

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
12/01 was when GM started using the "better" injectors. Still seen failures on both, so not much improvement. Overall, I think the rates of failure are less. LLY injectors may prove to have issues as well.....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do you have something you would like to share with us Eric regarding the LLY injectors ???

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
We need a 12 step injector group.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.